-
Junior Member
registered user
think I see the problem, I entered the command ifconfig -a, the return shows
Ethernet HWaddr 00:00:00:00:00:00
I think this is my MAC Address (physical address) and the string of 12 zeros
shows it's missing, also, this was the only address that was NOT asked for when
I set up the connection, I'm sure this is it, but how do I enter the MAC address
manually, I have the 12 digit string.
here's the return for ifconfig -a
knoppix@ttyp0[knoppix]$ ifconfig -a
eth0 Link encap:Ethernet HWaddr 00:00:00:00:00:00
BROADCAST MULTICAST
MTU:1500 Metric:1
RX packets:982 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:0
TX packets:5 errors:0 dropped:0
overruns:0 carrier:0
collisions:0 txqueuelen:100
RX bytes:59790 (58.3 KiB) TX bytes:1710 (1.6 KiB)
Interrupt:3 Base address:0xd800
lo Link encap:Local Loopback
inet addr:127.0.0.1 Mask:255.0.0.0
UP LOOPBACK RUNNING MTU:16436 Metric:1
RX packets:8 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:0
TX
packets:8 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0
collisions:0 txqueuelen:0
RX bytes:400 (400.0 b) TX
bytes:400 (400.0 b)
knoppix@ttyp0[knoppix]$
Similar Threads
-
By dobell in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 08-19-2004, 10:09 PM
-
By koselan in forum Networking
Replies: 7
Last Post: 08-19-2004, 05:01 PM
-
By drakon34 in forum Networking
Replies: 1
Last Post: 03-17-2004, 12:30 AM
-
By arthag in forum Networking
Replies: 1
Last Post: 01-31-2004, 10:31 PM
-
By JNeuhoff in forum Networking
Replies: 3
Last Post: 08-23-2003, 04:43 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT1000MX500SSD1
$102.99

Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i5 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$316.61

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$90.00

External SSD 1TB 2TB 4TB Portable Hard Drive USB 3.0 Type-C High Speed PC Mac
$19.99

ASUS ProArt PX13 13" 3K OLED 2-in-1 (Ryzen AI 9 HX 370, 32GB/1TB SSD, RTX 4050)
$1249.99

SAMSUNG T7 Portable SSD 1TB Indigo Blue USB 3.2 Gen2 External MU-PC1T0H/AM
$159.99

Netac 2TB 1TB 500GB Internal SSD M.2 NVMe PCIe3.0 Solid State Drive lot
$129.99

Lenovo Legion 5 Gaming 15.1" WQXGA OLED 165Hz Core i9-14900HX 16GB 1TB RTX 5070
$1469.00

Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i7 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$349.48

External Solid State Drive USB 3.2 Gen2, 1TB SSD External Hard Drive with C to A
$100.00