Hi Zac,

Do you connect to a fixed IP address?
Or is you address assigned automatically
or by a firewall?

Do you boot from a floppy, the CD, or what kind of
hard drive install do you have?

I have a fixed address and work from the CD,
( actually the DVD) and no hard drive. I boot
from a KNOPPIX boot floppy with the configuration
files on it.

I use a script to start up the internet connection
each time I start up.

Place a script in /home/knoppix/.kde/Autostart after you have tested
it to make it automatic. Make it executable. It will be loaded from the floppy each time you boot.

Code:
#!/bin/sh
sudo ifconfig eth0 ###.##.###.### netmask 255.255.254.0
sudo route add default gw ###.###.###.###
sudo cp -fp /mnt/floppy/resolv.conf /etc/resolv.conf
The file
/etc/resolv.conf
needs to be changed to have one line in it and this
is automated with the cp copy command above
but for test purposes you can just edit it.
Code:
nameserver ###.###.###.###
Try this with your values. Later you can
automate it by booting with KNOPPIX-->Configure-->
Save KNOPPIX configuration.


If you are assigned an new address by your IP
each time you log on -- then netcardconfig
shoulb work automatically with a YES click.

Best Wishes
paradocs