--Try ' sudo kedit '. Make sure your userid is listed in /etc/sudoers first.
Originally Posted by ocilent1
Ok, here's the issue:
I have installed knoppix (26/07) to my HDD and updated to kde3.1.3.
Before I updated, I could open a terminal, 'su' to root and then run any program I wanted.
However, as soon as I upgraded to kde-3.1.3, I could not do this anymore.
For example, it comes up with the following error when I try to run kedit:
root@debianbox:/home# kedit
Xlib: connection to ":0.0" refused by server
Xlib: No protocol specified
kedit: cannot connect to X server :0.0
This error occurs with any program that I run that requires X access. I aslo can no longer launch programs like synaptic from the menu.
Any ideas how to fix this people??? Surely this is just some type of config problem??
--Try ' sudo kedit '. Make sure your userid is listed in /etc/sudoers first.
Originally Posted by ocilent1
try to use "su " instead of "su -" when switching to root

Micronik A1200 Infinitiv Tower, NEW IN BOX, Commodore Amiga 1200 Kit
$1472.50
RGB2HDMI Amiga 500 UltraLong (Accelerator Friendly) HDMI Games, non-RTG A500
$50.00
Microbotics Starboard 2MB + SCSI Sidecar for Amiga 1000 Vintage Computer READ
$329.00
Amiga Emplant Emulator Card For Commodore Amiga 2000 4000 3000
$249.00
Amiga 1000 Computer w/ Monitor Keyboard Mouse Disc Drive Sidecar Expansion Discs
$950.00
Amiga 2000 2630/CPU 68030 25Mhz
$300.00
Commodore Amiga 4000 Motherboard Rev B - untested
$225.00
Phoenix SCSI/IDE Enclosure For Commodore Amiga & Others
$49.75
Pi1541 Zero with Epyx Fastload Hat, Case & 16gb SD for Commodore 64 and 128
$79.99
External fully assembled GreaseWeazle 3.5 inch Floppy Drive
$135.00