-
Junior Member
registered user
newbie problem, Microsoft Proxy Manager on Server
I am testing Knoppix to see if we might be able to gradually move from MS to Linxux :P. I am learning as I go and may ask a silly question.
Please bear with me ... I am not the IT person here, just a person who is not pleased with our present IT systems. We are likely to do an upgrade over the next year and I would prefer we had a choice.
Our company is quite conservative so I don't want to change too much in the network before I can show that Linux on the desktop will work for us. All http traffic runs through MS Proxy on our server (NT/Exchange).
Is there some way to bypass this MS Proxy to the internet? I would prefer not to get into a spat with our IT guy to change the network and put a router or to put me on a separate subnet.
I am also not able to mount our file server via smb. Knoppix says that some daemon/service isn't running. I can read all the files on c:\
Can someone enlighten me?
Thanks in advance
Similar Threads
-
By X_ArchAngel in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 03-03-2005, 09:25 PM
-
By phuqmnb in forum Networking
Replies: 3
Last Post: 11-23-2004, 05:59 PM
-
By MaldiGola in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 09-10-2004, 03:45 AM
-
By johar in forum Networking
Replies: 1
Last Post: 10-15-2003, 08:40 PM
-
By NBCthreat in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 01-15-2003, 12:40 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Gigabyte 4U AI Server 10x Nvidia GPU 2x Xeon Gold 6150 36 Core 2.7GHz DDR4 RAM
$1499.00

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00

867959-B21 HPE ProLiant DL360 G10 CTO Server W/ 2x 865414-B21 1x 840140-001
$245.00

Dell PowerEdge R530 2x E5-2630v4 H330 iDRAC8 Port Card Riser No PSU/RAM/HDD
$99.99

Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO
$308.00

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2690 v3 | 64gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$524.99

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$409.99

128GB (4x32GB) SK hynix DDR4 PC4-2666V RDIMM ECC Server Ram HMA84GR7CJR4N-VK
$799.00

Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM
$699.00

Microsoft Windows Server 2025 Standard 64bit 32 Core-50 CALs DVD With Key Sealed
$95.99