-
Junior Member
registered user
newbie: hang/configuration help with old Toshiba 2520
I am using Knoppix 2003-07-25 en.
Trying to run at home on old Toshiba Satelite 2520. Once upon a time I had a friend put Redhat 6.x on which ran OK but was a bitch to configure. So I know that Linux should run on this laptop.
Config:
Toshiba 2520 standard version with floppy, CD, 800x600 screen, USB, PS2 mouse, Winmodem (yeck), 2 slot for PCMCIA.
PCMCIA Linksys Ethernet card
I need some help to determine exactly why it is hanging.
Booting from CD is OK but first problem comes at a screen msg about
CardMgr.
So I remove the card but then it has problem since it can't find eth0 or network connection.
So I do "nodhcp" and it will boot until the splash screen showing the various services being started. At the point it reaches the second last service, it hangs again. It may have been the resource manager, but not sure.
I think that I need to enable the PCMCIA services before I get the network to start-up. Then need to tell Knoppix that network goes through Linksys card. That should allow me to get ethernet connection and hopefully narrow down the problems.
How do I do this? Is it even possible without building my own CD?
Also, since I can't get it all installed and booted the first time, how do I get access to error logs?
Thanks in advance
Similar Threads
-
By admgamer in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 04-04-2005, 01:24 AM
-
By yhw22 in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 01-03-2005, 04:16 PM
-
By JFreakCapo in forum Laptops
Replies: 3
Last Post: 05-05-2004, 09:31 PM
-
By mike12 in forum Laptops
Replies: 7
Last Post: 01-22-2004, 04:27 AM
-
By nitropowered in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 01-18-2004, 08:20 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Vintage Apple II Avant-Garde Creations Super Shape Draw And Animate 1981
$295.00

Vintage Apple Assembly Line Newsletter Vol: 1,2,3,4,5,6,7 From 1984
$179.99

Vintage Apple Macintosh 128K 512K Carrying Case Rainbow Logo Excellent Cond
$140.00

LARGE LOT Vintage Apple Macintosh Mouse Cables Accessories SCSI etc - UNTESTED
$80.00

Vintage Apple II Arcade Game Galactic Wars Apple Computer NOS Sealed
$125.00

Vintage Apple Macintosh LC M0350 Desktop No Harddrive No Power Supply - Parts
$71.95

Retro Vintage Apple M0110A Compact Wired Mechanical keyboard for Macintosh Plus
$64.95

Vintage Apple III Joystick Cursor III - A3M0010
$99.00

Apple cloth fabric banner iBook bondi blue orange NOS Vintage
$99.00

Vintage Apple Monitor IIc 9" Green Monochrome 06/1985 A2M4090 October 1984 Stand
$275.00