-
Junior Member
registered user
Xsession and KDM -adding WM's
Hey all, I've been playing around with XPde for a while, it launches fine with startx with .xinitrc setup to launch it, but I'd like to add it to KDM. I found a tutorial for Mandrake, but there seems to be some differences with debian:
Mandrake instructions:
Edit your /etc/X11/Xsession: vi /etc/X11/Xsession
Between the lines
if [ -n "$DESKTOP" ]; then
case $DESKTOP in
and
failsafe)
insert the following lines:
XPde)
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/opt/xpde/bin
exec $SSH_AGENT /opt/xpde/bin/XPde full &
exec $SSH_AGENT /opt/xpde/bin/XPwm
;;
3. Edit your /usr/share/config/kdm/kdmrc: vi /usr/share/config/kdm/kdmrc
In the line beginning with SessionTypes= insert an entry XPde
That's it!
Now you can select XPde in KDM to start it.
The problem I have is that my /etc/X11/Xsession file dosent have those lines,
I've looked in every Xsession file I can find and a lot of other files that seem to be called from them, but nothing.
Anyone have any idea where the lines should be added?
Also I want to add XFCE4 to KDM, it's installed, and launches fine from GDM, but dosent show up in KDM and I'd prefer to keep using KDM.
Any help on either of these would be greatly appreciated
Thanks in advance.
Similar Threads
-
By o0oO in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 4
Last Post: 09-28-2004, 11:49 PM
-
By cld in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 1
Last Post: 07-29-2004, 02:47 PM
-
By bamarob in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 07-08-2004, 07:44 PM
-
By linuxusr in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 06-05-2004, 08:31 PM
-
By mack in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 07-25-2003, 01:30 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Gigabyte 4U AI Server 10x Nvidia GPU 2x Xeon Gold 6150 36 Core 2.7GHz DDR4 RAM
$1625.00

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00

Microsoft Windows Server 2025 Standard 64Bit 16 Core-50 CALs DVD With Key Sealed
$49.99

867959-B21 HPE ProLiant DL360 G10 CTO Server W/ 2x 865414-B21 1x 840140-001
$245.00

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$409.99

Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD
$378.93

Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO
$308.00

2U AI MINING SERVER 2x Xeon 36 cores 2.3Ghz DDR4 2x NVIDIA V100 GPU PCIe 2PS USA
$799.00

Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM
$699.00

Windows Server 2025 datacenter 64bit 24 Core 50 cal DVD + PRODUCT LICENSE KEY.
$49.99