-
'route add default gw' is not working
I have a newly installed Knoppix/Debian (on HD) and I made an apt update/upgrade via network.
When I booted the pc for the next time, I couldn't reach any any IP outside my network anymore - this is probably because there is no route:
#route shows:
192.168.1.0 * 255.255.255.0 U 0 0 0 eth0
My DSL-Router is 192.168.1.1 and I can ping it without any problem and also the other pc in the network.
But when I try (after: ifconfig eth0 down - and also up - I tried both)
route add default gw 192.168.1.1
I always get the message:
network is unreachable
The same message appears already during boot process.
Has anybody any hint what the problem is?
I would be really, really glad!
Similar Threads
-
By rpeck in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 05-07-2005, 03:02 AM
-
By tbaror in forum Networking
Replies: 1
Last Post: 08-12-2004, 10:11 AM
-
By phoenix07 in forum Networking
Replies: 3
Last Post: 04-09-2004, 10:48 AM
-
By Aesthir in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 07-27-2003, 03:19 AM
-
By Tortoise in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 6
Last Post: 06-04-2003, 03:34 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Gigabyte 4U AI Server 10x Nvidia GPU 2x Xeon Gold 6150 36 Core 2.7GHz DDR4 RAM
$1499.00

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00

Dell PowerEdge R240 Intel Xeon E-2224 3.50GHz 8GB DDR4 ECC NO HDD 250W
$285.97

867959-B21 HPE ProLiant DL360 G10 CTO Server W/ 2x 865414-B21 1x 840140-001
$245.00

Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD
$378.93

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$409.99

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2690 v3 | 64gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$524.99

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E6-2699 v3 | 128gb RAM | 2x 1600W
$899.99

Dell PowerEdge R530 2x E5-2630v4 H330 iDRAC8 Port Card Riser No PSU/RAM/HDD
$99.99

Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM
$699.00