works for me... both work for me now.Originally Posted by John
Nope, I get name or service not known.
Hard to figure cause I connect fine to other ftp sites.
Thanx,
roadie
works for me... both work for me now.Originally Posted by John
and just using dl.xs4all.nl as host, logging in with anonymous and making your way to the morphix folder manually? if that doesn't work i'd think you might be using a proxy of some sort, but the fact that other ftpservers do work seems quite strange...
Got me, I'm not using a proxy, I can connect w/ browsers & gftp connects to most other sites
roadie
and using plain ftp (ftp dl.xs4all.nl)?
Nope, tried all different names & layouts, just does'nt want to connect.
I'll keep working on my remaster, thanx for the help
roadie
Alex, I was able to create a boot floppy with the boot image on the cd. You may want to include rawrite with the next version.
Thanks,
Rixel
Good idea, i'll add them for the next upload. Thanks for trying it out!
In the mean time, i've started work on a HeavyGUI module, based on... Gnome2!
I've uploaded a screenshot, it doesn't have all that much more than light now, and it weighs in at 270MB. It includes, besides most of the lightGUI apps: Galeon + Mozilla, GNUCash, pan, xine, a few games (frozen-bubble returns!) and a few others i forgot. the die-hards can take a look at the module in the incoming dir (should finish uploading in about 10 hours), but it has quite a number of bugs (even more than lightGUI? yes, even more
), so i don't recommend it.
Well, i've uploaded iso's in the incoming dir of my mirror. If anyone has some time left to test them, please help me out!
- lightGUI module is updated (added sudo, new version of icewm, Combined ISO)
- HeavyGUI module is working (Combined ISO)
- Gamersmodule is working (Combined ISO, still needs some work on the menus though)
I played with the lightGUI version, nice work! I could see you have put some time into it. Cool splash screen. Okay, now some critiquing...
I was missing my command line utilities within five minutes. I went to launch Mplayer and the gui didn't load. I figured it was a settings thing so I opened a term window and typed 'man mplayer' -- no man. So I wanted to find out what packages were installed so I typed 'dpkg -l | less' -- and there was no less....
I understand you are trying to make room for the likes of gnumeric, but the term utilities are a lot more important in my opinion.
Phoenix crashed when I tried a page with flash, that's probably a Phoenix bug and not yours. (Just fyi -- I went to look at the licence for the flash player. It looks like it is alright to redistribute)
More minor stuff, spell check would be nice for Abiword.
>Speed
It didn't really seem slower than knopNL.

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb
$374.99
Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00
Dell PowerEdge R530 2x E5-2630v4 H330 iDRAC8 Port Card Riser No PSU/RAM/HDD
$99.99
Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Core | HBA330 | No RAM or HDD
$149.99
Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO
$248.00
Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$409.99
Dell PowerEdge R640 10SFF 2x Gold 6140 2.3GHz 36-Cores 64gb H730p 2x Trays
$599.99
Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2690 v3 | 64gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$524.99
Dell PowerEdge R730 Server 2x Xeon E5-2630 V4 64GB DDR4 2TB HDD Rackmount
$489.99
Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM
$699.00