Check the changelog, still working on that nvidia problem (should work a bit harder on it though). Don't dispair, you'll get your LAN party![]()
Is the game module on the ftp site anymore? I can't find it....
Thanx,
Check the changelog, still working on that nvidia problem (should work a bit harder on it though). Don't dispair, you'll get your LAN party![]()
And voila: (copied from the mailinglist)Hey everyone,
just uploaded the (experimental) Game iso. A huge download, but with q3a and ut2003. Changelog follows
---
18-03-2003 (version 0.3-3 game and znvidia minimodule TESTING ONLY!)
game:
- see changes from 11-03-2003
3D accelerated games only work with nvidiabased videocards (as far as i have
tested). DRI-users actually wanting to play should wait, need
someone to confirm or deny that DRI works or not. (software mesa
is available)
znvidia:
currently only working for the gamemodule (nearly usable for other
modules). Swaps the GLX libs from mesa with the ones supplied with
the nvidia driver. Uses translucency, and needs it to be loaded
first. Installs the nvidia lkm, fixes symlinks and creates
devicenodes under /dev. Seems that OpenGL games/applications only
work as root, if anyone finds out why please let me know.
Also note that this iso is getting quite bloated, i might make
seperate q3a and ut2003 modules as not everyone has an nvidia
card.
Usage:
prompts user before swapping.
This module might fry the cat. Only try it out if you know what
you are doing.
---
Wokay, it's a bit verbose this time, have fun to those still willing to test it
Cheers,
Alex
OK, I am formally nominating Alex as a God of Linux!
First came Linus, then Klaus and now Alex!!
Alex, you are a God!!!![]()
KNOPPIX is a major inovation, but so is MORPHIX. I'm not referring to the game CD, although that's what inspired this note, but the inovative technology you devised with your mini-module idea.
MORPHIX, a morphing of KNOPPIX I suppose, is simply a stroke of pure genius. In retrospect, as with many such strokes, it is a simple and ellegant solution based on what came before - almost obvious in retrospect....
Wasn't it Newton himself who said that, were it not for the fact that he stood upon the shoulders of giants, he would not have succeeded as well as he had? Well, Alex, you are following in that self same tradition. You are standing on the shoulders of Linus and Klaus and you have seen further still!
Reminds me of a poem by Emerson. I don't recall now how it goes, but its something about seeing as far as the human can see.... Anyone recall? BTW, it's on the inaugural plaque on the USS Voyager, if anyone watches Star Trek....
Anyway, back to the game CD, I just tried out bzflag and freecraft - this CD is great! I still have to play around with doom/quake/ut though. The only problem I found was on boot up. I'm used to seeing boot errors in grey on the ansi text boot screen. In other words, when booting KNOPPIX, the only grey lines are INIT lines. Anything else is an error. So when booting MORPHIX, I keep on thinking I've burnt a Linux Coaster as alot of the boot messages are in grey, but they're not errors as the CD works great! So, is there any way for you not to use grey for boot messages in future releases?
Humbly Submitted,
Thinking about all the work, cdrw's and effort i put into it, i guess that nomination seems about right (or nomination for most sickest geek, but i might be overdoing it) :P
Anyway, your post just made my day, i'm off for some sleep, goodnight and have fun
PS. *sigh* no more scary grey lines. you know you are pushing it?![]()
Congratulations Alex, MORPHIX is mentioned in Debian-Planet!
Your hard work on this project is starting to get noticed! Very cool!
Thanks for everything you are doing!
rock
Hehehe, thanks Rock! Hope that the rest of the debian community likes it as much as all the great people here that helped me out! Morphix might be my lill' baby, but without you guys it wouldn't be half as good as it is now! Thanks!
(now lets cut the PR crap and get busy, more than enough good stuff to work on)
I have downloaded Morphix Heavy, KDE and Light. The three are excelents products. Morphix KDE I liked more than KnoppixKDE of eadz, I do not have problems with the konqueror like with the KnoppixKDE.
Translucency lkm is a great idea. I could modify some configuration files with Morphix CD version. Yess
New theme for Light (Trueblue) is very pretty, Can you install that theme in Gnome/Heavy?![]()
But I have questions. In Morphix Heavy I have been able to mount discs from menu in the Discs option, exists easy way in KDE and Light? Ony can with the mount command?
I don't find gcc. As I can compile programs in C?
Do you can add Persistent Home of similar form like in Knoppix 3.2?
Preview of the mp3 files , works very well. Can xine to be the video player by default. The other 2 players do not have support of subs and I have movies subtitled in Spanish.
In Morphix Game could you to add emulators of GameBoy Advance and PSX???, pleaseee
Alextreme,
The game ISO is great, good job, very impressive... Thanks for sharing and spending the time to get it working.... I think you deserve the iso of the month award...
Huh ? reallly ? I haven't checked it for the CD version, but the installed version didn't do that for me... (as stated probably too much right nowOriginally Posted by archtron
)
Today, trying the KnoppixKDE on HDD, I found the same problem and I didn't remember having it loading from CD... maybe it's just the copying process that messes things up then ?
I don't understand anymore... it's late![]()

TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch
$19.99
NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch
$49.99
Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99
TP-Link TL-SG1048 48-Port Gigabit Rackmount Switch New Factory Sealed
$199.99
10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W
$39.99
TP-Link TL-SG2210P 10-Port Gigabit Smart Switch w/ 8-Port PoE+ NO AC SKU 25597
$36.98
Arista DCS-7050SX-64-R 48P 10GbE SFP+ 4P 40GbE QSFP+ RA Switch
$115.00
Arista DCS-7010T-48-R 48P 1GbE 4P 10GbE SFP+ RA Switch with rack mounts
$69.00
Linksys LGS328MPC 24-Port Managed Gigabit PoE+ Switch with 4 10G SFP+ Uplinks
$224.95
Cisco Catalyst 2960-48TT-L 48-Port Fast Ethernet Managed Rackmount Switch
$46.99