-
03-21-2003, 11:59 PM
#111
Senior Member
registered user
OK, I tried the floppy.img and got it to work in my main lab with 32 Gateway PIII 448Mhz PCs with sound and ATI Rage 128 graphics cards. So everything works fine in that lab.
BTW, I can't get ut2003 to load. How many resources does it need???
Then I went to another classroom lab with 24 Gateway PMMX 231MHZ PCs with GeForce graphics cards. But, I can't get MORPHIXGame to recognize these video cards! Isn't GeForce nVidia? Well, I tried with and without the nVidia driver and just about every cheat code there is, but I get nowhere! What do I do?
BTW, both labs work fine with KNOPPIX 2003.0101 and all PCs have at least 128MB RAM.
Oh, here's another curiosity. When I tried the games CD at home (without boot disk) everything was great. The next time I booted it up, many of the games were very slow (ie quake and bzflag). Does anyone know what causes this?
Regards,
-
03-22-2003, 03:03 AM
#112
Senior Member
registered user
UT2k3 only works with nvidia videocards. Don't blame me, i didn't code it
(this is one of the reasons i wanted to seperate ut2003 from the mainmodule)
Hmm, with your other classroom: GeForce is nvidia, maybe the xmodule detection didnt work right? using xmodule=vesa might work, dont know if you tried it out yet...
That the games are running slow is an indication that the nvidia xdriver isn't loaded and that software mesa is being used. Maybe you didn't type 'y' on the nvidia prompt? Oh well, this is why it's a Test iso 
thanks probono, i'll update it in the next release (hopefully somewhere next week, depending on real life)
-
03-22-2003, 08:36 AM
#113
Junior Member
registered user
Morphix has big troble on my PC!! ;( i`m running on P4 2.0 256 DDR ABIT Siluro TI4200 128
and morphix won`t start X-server (somthing reset by peer) what i must do? or please fix it
-
03-22-2003, 09:14 AM
#114
Junior Member
registered user
And i found new troble ;( morphix don`t working with my USB (wheel optical) mouse! 
-
03-22-2003, 01:00 PM
#115
Senior Member
registered user
Hmm, which module did you try out SaS? have you tried the vga=normal and xmodule=vesa bootoptions? I havn't seen your problem before, so i'll need a bit more information about it to fix it 
The problem with your usbmouse can be solved by the forceusb minimodule, it's on the mirror in the /minimod directory. follow these steps:
http://am.xs4all.nl/phpwiki/index.php/MorphHowTo
in order to add this minimodule to a cd.
Hope this helps, and hope you can find out a bit more info about the first problem. You might be able to take a look at /etc/X11/XF86Config-4 and /var/log/XFree86.0.log for more clues...
-
03-22-2003, 05:58 PM
#116
Senior Member
registered user

Originally Posted by
Alextreme
Hmm, with your other classroom: GeForce is nvidia, maybe the xmodule detection didnt work right? using xmodule=vesa might work, dont know if you tried it out yet...
That the games are running slow is an indication that the nvidia xdriver isn't loaded and that software mesa is being used. Maybe you didn't type 'y' on the nvidia prompt? Oh well, this is why it's a Test iso

OK, I don't remember if I tried "morphix xmodule=vesa," so I'll try that! BTW, I don't need "knoppix xmodule=vesa" when booting KNOPPIX CDs.
Now, I need the nvidia drivers for the games that run slow - even if I don't have an nvidia graphics card? I think the machine that's running slow has a Riva card? I'll check.
Thanx for all your help!
Regards,
-
03-22-2003, 07:53 PM
#117
Senior Member
registered user
How about Geramik for Gnome apps in the KDE version?
-
03-22-2003, 08:17 PM
#118
Senior Member
registered user
Geramik has been on my todo list for a long time, too busy working on new features to worry about shiny themes 
AJG, i don't know for sure, but aren't the TNT cards also supported by nvidia? don't have one though... i've grabbed the newest knoppix 3.2 release, i'll throw in the new changes, maybe it'll work for your card but i can't guarentee anything
-
03-23-2003, 07:27 PM
#119
Hello Alextreme,
Yes, it's me again...
I really wanna help the progress of Morphix, but I just can't seem to get a grab on it...
First of all : I cannot seem to remaster the mainmodule...
Maybe something's wrong in the HOWTO, or maybe it isn't clear enough for a dumbass like me
For HDD installation it might be a really good idea to have a "Nvidia installer" application on the desktop ... maybe something to think about ?
(although the game-mod allready works for me with Nvidia, most people would probably wanna play games and stuff from a HDD installation ?!)
I looked all around the internet, but couldn't find any solution to the "SMB-browsing-mp3-preview", so I just turned of "preview SMB" in konquerer... If you can't find a solution, it might be an option for a futute version ?
Anyway, I'm babling on...
Probably wouldn't have to post so much if I could just remaster Morphix...
Thnx in advance for your reply.
-
03-24-2003, 02:59 AM
#120
Senior Member
registered user
Morphix
WOW
Do I get it right ?
You've made a bootable cd for launching 3D games (which are located on the HD)?
I myself am in the progress of 2 remastering-projects .
One for POS purposes and another for CITRIX client/USB ADSL/Teleworking purposes.(may I say very slowly since I'm a linux newbie
,but for the POS part ,my POS app already works under knoppix 3.2 )
May I say Mr. Knopper and you all have marked a new historical breakpoint with bootable cd's (and soon bootable DVD's ?).
Greetings,
(PS. I think I will soon need your advice on remastering
)
Similar Threads
-
By Alextreme in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 7
Last Post: 04-28-2003, 01:14 AM
-
By Alextreme in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 3
Last Post: 04-08-2003, 09:24 AM
-
By xetaprime in forum The Lounge
Replies: 10
Last Post: 04-03-2003, 05:09 AM
-
By Alextreme in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 3
Last Post: 01-28-2003, 11:21 PM
-
By Alextreme in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 11
Last Post: 01-15-2003, 07:42 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

PARTS ONLY* Kingston Fury Renegade Pro 64GB 2x32GB DDR5 Server RAM KF556R36RB-32
$599.99

Netac DDR4 32GB 16GB DDR4 3200MHz UDIMM C16 Desktop Internal Memory RAM Kit
$99.99

A-Tech 8GB DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 Laptop SODIMM 204-Pin Memory RAM PC3L DDR3L 1x 8G
$21.68

16GB KIT (2x8GB) DDR3 Gamer Desktop RAM PC3 MIXED BRANDS VIPER VENGEANCE FURY
$10.00

Major Brand 16GB (2x8GB) PC3-12800U DDR3-1600MHz DDR3-12800 DESKTOP RAM NON-ECC
$29.99

DDR4 Laptop RAM 4GB 8GB 16GB 32GB 2400 2666 3200 Samsung Hynix
$66.00

Samsung 16GB LPCAMM2 PC5 7500 DDR5 LPDDR5X CAMM2 M561K1LC4DM0-CCTGM RAM Memory
$189.00

ADATA XPG Lancer Blade RGB 32GB (2x16GB) DDR5-6000 CL30 Desktop RAM Black
$429.94

NEW IN BOX - Corsair Vengeance RGB 32gb (2x16gb) DDR6200 CL36 CMH32GX5M2B6200C3
$550.00

Micron 32GB 1x32GB DDR5 5600 CL46 ECC Unbuffered SO-DIMM MTC20C2085S1TC56BD1
$399.00