Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast
Results 121 to 130 of 137

Thread: Morphix release

  1. #121
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Posts
    196
    Quote Originally Posted by MichielioZ
    Hello Alextreme,

    Yes, it's me again...
    Hey MichielioZ
    Quote Originally Posted by MichielioZ
    I really wanna help the progress of Morphix, but I just can't seem to get a grab on it...
    First of all : I cannot seem to remaster the mainmodule...
    Maybe something's wrong in the HOWTO, or maybe it isn't clear enough for a dumbass like me
    Hmm, where did you get stuck? Maybe it isn't clear enough, although everyone that tried (and succeeds) always think it's way too easy!
    Anyway, the howto (as is morphix) is a work in progress
    Quote Originally Posted by MichielioZ
    For HDD installation it might be a really good idea to have a "Nvidia installer" application on the desktop ... maybe something to think about ?
    (although the game-mod allready works for me with Nvidia, most people would probably wanna play games and stuff from a HDD installation ?!)
    Hmm, true, i'm thinking about integrating the translucency and nvidia modules into base. The ideas that i saw in the other thread were great, so i'm hoping on not having to install nvidia at all. On the downside, every mainmodule needs some finetuning (as the nvidia minimodule doesn't work for every mainmod, something very un-morphix )
    Quote Originally Posted by MichielioZ
    I looked all around the internet, but couldn't find any solution to the "SMB-browsing-mp3-preview", so I just turned of "preview SMB" in konquerer... If you can't find a solution, it might be an option for a futute version ?
    The next KDE mainmodule will have kde 3.1.1, i hope it'll fix the smb problem. If it wasn't ready yet i would indeed deactivate it, only sane thing to do :P
    Quote Originally Posted by MichielioZ
    Anyway, I'm babling on...
    Probably wouldn't have to post so much if I could just remaster Morphix...
    Thnx in advance for your reply.
    Just let me know where you stranded, it's no rocketscience

    ktheking, yes and no, the 3D games are located on the iso. Speed is actually quite good, good enough for a few rounds of fraggin'
    take a look on morphix.org (and the still-in-development website on morphix.sf.net) for more info. Nice work on your own remasterings, good to see everyone busy on their own livecd's btw! If you need a hand just ask, always have (make) time to help out

  2. #122
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA
    Posts
    24

    LAN Party Server Edition

    alex, any idea when it would be possible to release the lan party server edition? sorry i've been disconnected given that work calls..

  3. #123
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Posts
    196
    Hey bloodmire, havn't been all that busy on your servers, sorry. I do have a small screenshot of the server module on http://am.xs4all.nl/gfx/server-menu.png
    I hope to get to it somewhere next weekend, kinda busy atm

  4. #124
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    78
    Ok Alex, here I go with what went wrong :

    First of all : I am trying to remaster from a HDD installation of your KDE 3.1 release.
    I was/am trying to make a simple bash-script to remaster the mainmod-bare...
    I got the script to make a "Morphix" directory from where it is executed.
    Then I got the script to download the tools.tar.gz and the cloop-utils deb from "your" FTP to that directory ... so far so good.
    First I get it to install the cloop-utils deb package... gives no errors there.
    Then I untar the tools.tar.gz (automatically untars to a "tools" directory in the "Morphix" directory) and after this it untars the cloop-mod and compressloop inside... seems to be no problem.
    Here comes the tricky part :

    When I try to execute ./cloop-0.66/extract_compressed_fs MorphixMain-bare-0.3-3.mod > ./tempimage.iso
    it didn't do anything, so I tried specifying the folders a bit.
    I don't really know if it was right after the modification, but at least it gave an output of some sort
    Major problem comes when I try to : mount ./tempimage.iso /mountpoint -o loop
    It just states that the directory /mountpoint doesn't exists...
    (may be a really dumb interpretation on my part though )
    So I made the script to make such a directory beforehand, but it keeps on stating it doesn't exist...
    This is how far I've come, maybe I should just try it manually... ?!
    (really would like to make a script out of it someday though...)
    Thanx again for your reply.

    edit : Posting on your "own" forum with the entries of the script now...

  5. #125
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Posts
    196
    Wow, nice script! Havn't really looked into all those scripts that were made for Knoppix, but you are nearly there

    first: /mountpoint was an example you can use any directory to mount the uncompressed iso on
    second: you should further make sure you aren't using a '/' before some of the directories, i don't think people will be pleased to find directories made in their root dir!
    Anyway, you're nearly there, just make sure you are using the right directories!

  6. #126
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Long Island, NY, USA
    Posts
    1,256
    Alex,

    OK, as per usual, you were right about my "slow" PC at home. I just had to say "y" to the nvidia drivers and everything sped up again. I thought that I hadn't done that the first time I booted MORPHIX, but I guess not!

    As to the GeForce PCs at school, morphix xmodule=vesa with or without nvidia doesn't work. I've tried every graphics related cheat code with and without nvidia always with the same result: xfree returns no screen found!

    Arrggghhhh! What's going on here?? BTW, KNOPPIX (2003.0101) autodetects the video on these machines no problem, so why not MORPHIX???

    What irks me is that MORPHIX works fine on every over machine I've tried (my PCs at home and in 2 other labs), just not in this one lab!

    Sorry to bother you so much about this, but I really would like to figure out this problem!

    TIA,

  7. #127
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Posts
    196
    same here, weird problems, the recent knoppix 3.2 hardware detection seems to break a few things
    i could really use the /var/log/XFree86.0.log and /etc/X11/XF86Config-4 files. You _could_ try out the newest knoppix 3.2 iso's on the same computer and see if that works, but only try this if you can't get to the two files, as they would really help

    In other news, morphix.sf.net is up and running, morphix.org should point to it soon. Also, MichielioZ has made a nice new mainmodule-unpack script, take a look at http://morphix.sourceforge.net/modules/mydownloads and try it out!

  8. #128
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Podunk, Idaho, USA
    Posts
    470
    So far the only machine I've ran MorphixKDE-3.3 on is goofed up because of the transparent cursor. At times posting on this forum the cursor disapears in the text box, whole words become invisible with cut and paste, and in mozilla and konqueror there are orphan dialog box pieces left on top of the browser window where the transparent cursor was.

    It's fine if I don't use the mouse, but we all know how far that'll get you nowdays.

    rock

  9. #129
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Posts
    196
    Hmm, remark noted, i'll take a look if i can deactivate it. Personally, i've gotten pretty used to it, but i havn't seen those problems you describe. Then again, having a transparent cursor is pretty useless imho...

    Oh, and if the newest gameiso doesn't seem to work you might want to try xvrefresh=60, i think knopper tried to boost the refreshrate, not sure it this will work though...

  10. #130
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Long Island, NY, USA
    Posts
    1,256
    Quote Originally Posted by Alextreme
    Oh, and if the newest gameiso doesn't seem to work you might want to try xvrefresh=60, i think knopper tried to boost the refreshrate, not sure it this will work though...
    OK, I'm wondering if maybe I'm inputting the cheat codes wrong.

    I've tried "morphix xvrefresh=60" is that right or is it just "xvrefresh=60" on the boot line? Also, if I use "morphix xmodule=fbdev" do I also have to specify "fb800x600" or whatever res I need? BTW, if I'm putting more than one cheat code on the boot line, do I say morphix each time, do I use spaces or commas too?t

    BTW, I see in your dpkg for the MORPHIXgame iso that you have kde and gnome games? How do I run these when using icewm?

    Thanx,

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Morphix 0.3-5 released!
    By Alextreme in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 04-28-2003, 01:14 AM
  2. Morphix 0.3-4 released!
    By Alextreme in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-08-2003, 09:24 AM
  3. Any one play with MORPHIX?
    By xetaprime in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 04-03-2003, 05:09 AM
  4. Morphix gamemod
    By Alextreme in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-28-2003, 11:21 PM
  5. Morphix
    By Alextreme in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 01-15-2003, 07:42 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Intel Core i7-9700 Octa-Core 3 GHz Desktop Processor LGA 1151 picture

Intel Core i7-9700 Octa-Core 3 GHz Desktop Processor LGA 1151

$79.99



INTEL CORE I9-10940X X-SERIES PROCESSOR | 3.30GHZ | SRGSH picture

INTEL CORE I9-10940X X-SERIES PROCESSOR | 3.30GHZ | SRGSH

$179.99



Intel Core i7-4770 3.40GHz Quad Core SR149 LGA 1150 CPU Processor tested picture

Intel Core i7-4770 3.40GHz Quad Core SR149 LGA 1150 CPU Processor tested

$35.00



Intel Core i5-14400F 2.50GHz 6 Core SRN3R 16 Thread LGA 1700 CPU picture

Intel Core i5-14400F 2.50GHz 6 Core SRN3R 16 Thread LGA 1700 CPU

$165.00



AMD Ryzen 5 5500 Processor ( read Description) picture

AMD Ryzen 5 5500 Processor ( read Description)

$59.00



Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor picture

Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor

$39.00



Intel Core i5-12500T SRL5W 2GHz 18MB 6 Core Socket LGA1700 Desktop CPU Processor picture

Intel Core i5-12500T SRL5W 2GHz 18MB 6 Core Socket LGA1700 Desktop CPU Processor

$114.99



Intel i7-8700 Coffee Lake 3.2GHz 6-Core Max Turbo 4.6GHz Processor picture

Intel i7-8700 Coffee Lake 3.2GHz 6-Core Max Turbo 4.6GHz Processor

$67.99



intel core brand new never used i5-11400f LGA1200 picture

intel core brand new never used i5-11400f LGA1200

$85.00



INTEL CORE I9-10980XE PROCESSOR | 3.00GHZ | SRGSG picture

INTEL CORE I9-10980XE PROCESSOR | 3.00GHZ | SRGSG

$299.99