-
03-25-2003, 02:06 AM
#131
Senior Member
registered user
Alex,
EDITED
Regarding the transparent cursor problem, it's only on the computers at school, edit which have i740 AGP graphic cards.
I'm home now and everything is OK here with my tnt vanta card! So it may not be a problem worth dealing with.
Thought I should let you know,
rock
-
03-25-2003, 03:38 AM
#132
Senior Member
registered user

Originally Posted by
A. Jorge Garcia
OK, I'm wondering if maybe I'm inputting the cheat codes wrong.
I've tried "morphix xvrefresh=60" is that right or is it just "xvrefresh=60" on the boot line? Also, if I use "morphix xmodule=fbdev" do I also have to specify "fb800x600" or whatever res I need? BTW, if I'm putting more than one cheat code on the boot line, do I say morphix each time, do I use spaces or commas too?
BTW, I see in your dpkg for the MORPHIXgame iso that you have kde and gnome games? How do I run these when using icewm?
It's always first the label (morphix) then zero or more arguments like xvrefresh=60 and xmodule=fbdev seperated by a space, like: morphix xvrefresh=60 xmodule=nv
don't know if the kde/gnome games have been added to the menu, otherwise you'll have to use 'em good ol commandline. Restructuring the menu's isn't high on my todolist, want to have it all crystalised out first...
Oh well, keeps ya busy 
kay, thanks for letting me know rock, if it does cause problems it can be turned off...
-
03-25-2003, 04:30 AM
#133
Senior Member
registered user
I guess my question is, can you run kde and gnome games without kde and gnome? I seem to remember some gnome games in the menu that don't run....
Regards,
-
03-25-2003, 03:34 PM
#134
Senior Member
registered user
As always, if something doesn't work i would like to hear what isn't, but most games should work (kde and gnome arn't installed, a lot of lib's are)
-
03-26-2003, 02:58 PM
#135
Senior Member
registered user
OK, we've got the MORPHIX-game CD working in one lab (ati rage12
and at home (riva?) without a problem with the multiplayer games I want working well. This suits my needs for now. I just can't figure out the GeForce lab for my life!
However, I'll have to get back to you about which games don't start-up. If memory serves, all the x games work, some of the kde games work and few of the gnome games work. By working I mean, just start up. What happens is, when I click on a "non-working" game, the CD starts up like we're decompressing the program and the load graph on the task bar spikes and then everything stops and the game never comes up. I can still start other games after that. I'll have to do a systematic test to make you a list of the problem games....
Regards,
-
03-26-2003, 04:41 PM
#136
Senior Member
registered user
you are not the only one with that problem, seems as if there are a number of things 'different' in knoppix 3.2. I'll try to update them in the next release to the official knoppix 3.2, if that doesn't work we can always fall back on the old knoppix 3.1 hardware detection files 
Trying out a few gnome/gtk games now, they seem to work pretty well. Just note that there are a few servers inbetween the games. Wouldn't need a systematic test of everything (bah, too much work
) but if something doesn't work try it in a terminal first to check what is happening.
-
03-10-2004, 08:56 PM
#137
Senior Member
registered user
Re: 0.3-3

Originally Posted by
Alextreme
Yes, you now have a transparent, mouseshadowed
mousecursor you either will hate or love...
---
Hi Alex,
How should you hate it, if you don't see it?
Can you tell me, how to change it, because it's nearly invisble, if you don't know where it is exactly.
Similar Threads
-
By Alextreme in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 7
Last Post: 04-28-2003, 01:14 AM
-
By Alextreme in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 3
Last Post: 04-08-2003, 09:24 AM
-
By xetaprime in forum The Lounge
Replies: 10
Last Post: 04-03-2003, 05:09 AM
-
By Alextreme in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 3
Last Post: 01-28-2003, 11:21 PM
-
By Alextreme in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 11
Last Post: 01-15-2003, 07:42 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$100.00

LOT OF 5 Samsung 870 EVO 500GB 2.5" SATA SSD TLC DRAM 95% or Better
$250.00

Western Digital Blue 3D NAND 500GB Internal 2.5" SSD - WDS500G2B0A
$49.99

Netac 120GB 256GB 1TB 2TB Internal SSD 2.5'' SATAIII 6Gb/s Solid State Drive lot
$119.99

Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot
$549.00

Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT1000MX500SSD1
$99.99

Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5" SATA III Solid State Drive -
$36.99

Fanxiang 256GB 512GB 1TB 2TB 4TB SSD Lot 2.5'' SATA Internal Solid State Drive
$42.99

Samsung 250GB SSD 850 EVO 2.5" Internal Solid State Drive MZ7LN250 MZ-75E250
$25.99

Intel Solid-State Drive DC S3500 Series 240GB Internal 2.5" (SSDSC2BB240G4P) SSD
$29.99