Hey Alex thanks for the reply.
Well I went ahead and did an hd install on a test drive i have lastnight.
Installer? VERY IMPRESSIVE!!! great job on that man.
Everything went off without a hitch, I was very happy with it.
The only problem I have seen at all now, is during the hd install i chose to make a new user like it asks. After the system reboots and i tried to log in as that user it wouldnt let because it didnt make a home directory and some other files for that user evidentally. Well then root cant log in at the GDM either so i dropped out to a shell and logged in as root and created the home folder for the user account i made at install.
It still wouldnt let me log in as that user when back out at the GDM log in.
I went back out to the shell as root and tried to do a adduser but evidentally I am used to a different shell then Bash because it didnt recognized my commands
Keep in mind I am not a linux command genius
Anway I can get around all those problems i think but i would love to know what caused it to not make the user account correctly at install.
Maybe you can shed some like on this for me.
All in all you have done a GREAT job with the installer Alex and I thank you for your work here.
I would love to see you take what you have done with the installer and make a totally from the mirror install of Sid.
What an advance for Debian that would be to have a simple install like this that gave you a complete ready to apt-get distro upgrade install of Debian.
Keep up the GREAT work and let me know if i can ever be of assistance with my newbie knowledge
Stardog


Reply With Quote










