-
Ok, Alextreme...
You asked for feedback and you're gonna get it 
I've got several problems with the HDD install of the 3.3 KDE version.
First the good news :
1) I got my own userprofile and it's working like a charm.
2) My "desktop-look" before installing gets copied to the HDD...nice !
3) Other then with Knoppix 3.1, my soundcard works "out-of-the-box" 
Unfortunately, I'm going to have to switch to "bad" news 
1) Easily fixed, but annoying to have 3 (!) different backgrounds when logging into KDE...
2) FSTAB still isn't copied right, had to manually adjust the file to get windows partitions.
(also a hell of a job to configure your CD-writer this way...)
3) There were no programs on the CD to make my webcam work, but this is no problem I
thought, 'cause with a HDD install I could just install xawtv or something similair...?!?!
Problem : with the CD the OV511 module gets loaded as my webcam light is on, but after
HDD install it doesn't probe USB anymore ?? (or at least different..)
I tried modprobing USB and OV511, but it doesn't seem to modprobe ?
4) Still can't get my monitor/vidcard combination working right.
Don't know if Mandrake modified they're installation, but with 9.1 I could get my monitor
displaying the "full screen".
I'm quite the n00b when it comes to this, so it could be just me...
(like : how can I get xvidtune settings to work after a restart... )
Wow, this is becoming quite the post this way..
By the way : are you sure the samba "problem" is a KDE problem ?
(As I don't have the problem with eadz remaster or with Mandrake)
Hopefully you can use this info for a later release or give me an instant fix-it-up
Similar Threads
-
By Alextreme in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 7
Last Post: 04-28-2003, 01:14 AM
-
By Alextreme in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 3
Last Post: 04-08-2003, 09:24 AM
-
By xetaprime in forum The Lounge
Replies: 10
Last Post: 04-03-2003, 05:09 AM
-
By Alextreme in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 3
Last Post: 01-28-2003, 11:21 PM
-
By Alextreme in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 11
Last Post: 01-15-2003, 07:42 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Cisco Nexus N9K-C92160YC-X 48P 25GbE SFP28 6P QSFP+/QSFP28 PE Switch
$439.00

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99

Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module
$699.99

Cisco Catalyst C9130AXI-B WiFi 6 802.11ax Wireless Access Point Brand New
$101.99

NEW Cisco Meraki MS130-48P-HW 48-Port Gigabit PoE+ Cloud Manage Switch UNCLAIMED
$2999.99

Cisco | N3K-C3232C | 32-Port 100G QSFP Network Switch W/ 2x PSU, 2x Power Cords
$240.00

Cisco C9300-48UXM-A Switch 9300 Series 48-port UPoE Network
$874.99

Cisco C3850-NM-2-10G Catalyst 3850 2 x 10GE Network Module
$30.00

nxa-pac-750w-pe v02 NEW OPEN BOX for Cisco Nexus 9300 Series power supply
$200.00

NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping*
$24.00