Did you use CUPS to set up the printer? You would go to http://localhost:631 and then set up the printer from there I've had more luck with that then the KDE add printer.Originally Posted by slc
Hi!
When I ran the Live CD, I added my printer and it worked right away, it was one of the things that most impressed me about Knoppix, since I've always had trouble printing thru Linux.
I did the harddrive install, added my printer, and tried to print. But no luck. It acts like it's printing, the Print Manager says it's "Processing...", if I look at the process-list, it's started up a whole bunch of things I know it needs for printing, but the document never gets to my printer. No blinking lights, nothing to indicate the printer's getting any message at all.
Does anyone know what's different about the HD install that might have messed up my printing??
Thanks,
sl
Did you use CUPS to set up the printer? You would go to http://localhost:631 and then set up the printer from there I've had more luck with that then the KDE add printer.Originally Posted by slc
This is what it looks like thru that cups-interface you suggested:
myprinter HP DeskJet 600/600C, CUPS+Gimp-Print v4.2.5
Description: HEWLETT-PACKARD DESKJET 612C
Location: /dev/parport0
Printer State: processing, accepting jobs.
"Printing page 0, 6%"
Device URI: parallel:/dev/unknown-parallel0
That /dev/unknown thing doesn't look right...but I don't see how I'd change it.
And I really don't get why it isn't working the same as it did from the CD, that seems almost like a bait-and-switch tactic.
sl
Hello???
is everyone stumped??
Here is the page at Linux Printing that is for your printer you may need to follow the instruction there to get it going. I can't really tell you why it is not working the same have you tried to use the CUPS interface to setup up a new printer and printed a test page from that one? To change the one that is already there you would go to the CUPS page then select Printers and then use the configure option.Originally Posted by slc

Ubuntu Server 26.04.1 LTS Bootable USB Flash Drive – Latest September 2026
$13.99
BOSGAME E4 Air Mini PC, AMD Ryzen 5 3500U 8GB DDR4 256GB SATA SSD
$169.99
OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN
$115.00
W&T 50519 Pure.box 3 USB Linux Thin Client Industrial PC Embedded Server
$135.00
All New Ubuntu 26.04 LTS Linux Bootable USB Flash Drive
$15.95
VA Linux 1120 1U Rackmount Server
$100.00
OPNsense Firewall VPN QAT 8-Core Atom C3758 2.20GHz 16GB DDR4 128GB SSD 8xNIC
$175.00
Start9 Server Pure 32GB 4TB Intel i7 Node StartOS — Box + PSU
$649.00
Microsoft SQL Server 2019 Enterprise 40 Core Unlimited CAL Retail License FPP
$299.00
SQL Server 2022 Enterprise 96 Core License & DVD Unlimited CALs with CoA
$284.99