Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: 1024x480 X support?

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    2

    1024x480 X support?

    Apologies if this is already covered somewhere; I've done a search on this forum for 1024x480 and come up blank, and the devel mailing list doesn't seem to be searchable. Pretty much all in the topic, actually. I have a Sony VAIO C1XD (UK version; US equivalent is the C1XS) laptop. This is in the Picturebook format with a widescreen LCD whose native resolution is 1024x480. I just used Knoppix to fix my unbootable (due to my own stupidity :>) Mandrake Cooker setup, and although it worked, video wasn't perfect. The consoles seemed to be expecting 1024x768 resolution and so I couldn't read the bottom half of what was on 'em (I could get round this with vga=normal, I guess, but it should be possible to do framebuffer consoles at 1024x480; it works in Mandrake) and I just couldn't get X to use 1024x480, even with the "screen=1024x480" kernel option recommended in the "help" screen. It looked like it was trying 1024x768 and the screen looked horribly garbled, X was unusable. I can post a working XF86Config-4 for operation at 1024x480 if that would help to get this fixed, or is there some trick I'm missing? Thanks in advance.

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    2,479

    Re: 1024x480 X support?

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamW
    Apologies if this is already covered somewhere; I've done a search on this forum for 1024x480 and come up blank, and the devel mailing list doesn't seem to be searchable. Pretty much all in the topic, actually. I have a Sony VAIO C1XD (UK version; US equivalent is the C1XS) laptop. This is in the Picturebook format with a widescreen LCD whose native resolution is 1024x480. I just used Knoppix to fix my unbootable (due to my own stupidity :>) Mandrake Cooker setup, and although it worked, video wasn't perfect. The consoles seemed to be expecting 1024x768 resolution and so I couldn't read the bottom half of what was on 'em (I could get round this with vga=normal, I guess, but it should be possible to do framebuffer consoles at 1024x480; it works in Mandrake) and I just couldn't get X to use 1024x480, even with the "screen=1024x480" kernel option recommended in the "help" screen. It looked like it was trying 1024x768 and the screen looked horribly garbled, X was unusable. I can post a working XF86Config-4 for operation at 1024x480 if that would help to get this fixed, or is there some trick I'm missing? Thanks in advance.
    Try knoppix fb1024x480 xvrefresh=60 at the boot: prompt.

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    2
    will do. I should mention I tried "xvrefresh 60" in combination with "screen=1024x480" before. even if this works, it's not a real fix, since using the neomagic driver with 1024x480 is possible; this is how the system runs in Mandrake. So it should be able to do 1024x480 with the correct driver and not fbdev.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-10-2005, 07:39 AM
  2. Booting knoppix in 1024x480 resolution
    By JepJep in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-22-2005, 12:43 AM
  3. NO AGP support?
    By alexjenx in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-27-2004, 01:08 AM
  4. support AMD x86-64 ?
    By Mgz in forum Ideas
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-07-2004, 06:04 PM
  5. HCF/HSF Support
    By VxJasonxV in forum Ideas
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-03-2003, 04:12 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


1x64GB Hynix HMAA8GL7MMR4N DDR4 PC4 2133P-LE0-11 4Rx4 ECC LRDIMM Server RAM picture

1x64GB Hynix HMAA8GL7MMR4N DDR4 PC4 2133P-LE0-11 4Rx4 ECC LRDIMM Server RAM

$320.00



Micron 8GB DDR4 3200MHz PC4-3200AA ECC RDIMM RAM (MTA9ASF1G72PZ-3G2E2 picture

Micron 8GB DDR4 3200MHz PC4-3200AA ECC RDIMM RAM (MTA9ASF1G72PZ-3G2E2

$30.00



TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot picture

TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot

$288.19



Dell 16GB PC4-21300 (DDR4-2666) Memory (SNPPWR5TC16G) picture

Dell 16GB PC4-21300 (DDR4-2666) Memory (SNPPWR5TC16G)

$89.99



Nanya NT32GA72D4NFX3K-JR 32GB 2Rx4 PC4-3200AA K25 DDR4 RDIMM RAM Server Memory picture

Nanya NT32GA72D4NFX3K-JR 32GB 2Rx4 PC4-3200AA K25 DDR4 RDIMM RAM Server Memory

$199.99



sk hynix 16GB pc4 3200 server RAM picture

sk hynix 16GB pc4 3200 server RAM

$1200.00



SK Hynix 32GB(1x32GB) 2RX4 PC4-2666V-R DDR4 ECC Memory RDIMM HMA84GR7CJR4N-VK picture

SK Hynix 32GB(1x32GB) 2RX4 PC4-2666V-R DDR4 ECC Memory RDIMM HMA84GR7CJR4N-VK

$200.00



Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot picture

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot

$285.90



SMART(Micron)SafeStor 32GB(1X32GB) 1RX4 NN4-3200AA(DDR4) HPE Server Memory picture

SMART(Micron)SafeStor 32GB(1X32GB) 1RX4 NN4-3200AA(DDR4) HPE Server Memory

$159.98



Microsoft Office 2021 Pro Plus USB for 1PC Windows 10 & 11 picture

Microsoft Office 2021 Pro Plus USB for 1PC Windows 10 & 11

$62.55