-
1024x480 X support?
Apologies if this is already covered somewhere; I've done a search on this forum for 1024x480 and come up blank, and the devel mailing list doesn't seem to be searchable. Pretty much all in the topic, actually. I have a Sony VAIO C1XD (UK version; US equivalent is the C1XS) laptop. This is in the Picturebook format with a widescreen LCD whose native resolution is 1024x480. I just used Knoppix to fix my unbootable (due to my own stupidity :>) Mandrake Cooker setup, and although it worked, video wasn't perfect. The consoles seemed to be expecting 1024x768 resolution and so I couldn't read the bottom half of what was on 'em (I could get round this with vga=normal, I guess, but it should be possible to do framebuffer consoles at 1024x480; it works in Mandrake) and I just couldn't get X to use 1024x480, even with the "screen=1024x480" kernel option recommended in the "help" screen. It looked like it was trying 1024x768 and the screen looked horribly garbled, X was unusable. I can post a working XF86Config-4 for operation at 1024x480 if that would help to get this fixed, or is there some trick I'm missing? Thanks in advance.
Similar Threads
-
By mattpist in forum Laptops
Replies: 0
Last Post: 03-10-2005, 07:39 AM
-
By JepJep in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 4
Last Post: 02-22-2005, 12:43 AM
-
By alexjenx in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 05-27-2004, 01:08 AM
-
Replies: 4
Last Post: 01-07-2004, 06:04 PM
-
By VxJasonxV in forum Ideas
Replies: 5
Last Post: 06-03-2003, 04:12 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell EMC PowerEdge R740 8 Bay Server w/ 32GB RAM 2x GOLD 6132 2x 1600W PSU H730p
$499.88

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb
$374.99

Dell Poweredge C4130 2x LGA2011-3 1U 4x GPU Rackmount Server CTO (NO CPU/NO RAM)
$299.95

Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD
$378.93

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$409.99

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Core | HBA330 | No RAM or HDD
$149.99

Dell Poweredge R810 4x Xeon X7560 2.26ghz 32-Cores | 256GB | 3x Trays | H700
$289.99

Dell Poweredge R620 10x 2.5" bay with 256GB (16x16gb) DDR3, 2x E5-2690v2, H710
$349.99

Dell EMC VxRail E560F 10-SFF 2*Gold 6230R 2.1GHz No RAM HBA330 iDrac Ent Server
$349.99