Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: kaboodle can't open any video

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    5

    kaboodle can't open any video

    hi, the only supported format from kaboodle are wav, mp3 and ogg. How can I let it support avi, mpeg and other formats?

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    101
    Code:
    Add to /etc/apt/sources.list
    
    #Mplayer, Mencoder, Avidemux
    deb http://marillat.free.fr/ unstable main

    apt-get update

    apt-get -t unstable install mencoder-686 mplayer-686 avidemux mplayer-fonts w32codecs

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    5
    shit, I lost kaboodle.

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    5

    kaboodle can't open any video

    sorry, i have kaboodle. But same situation. only wav, ogg and mp3. I now have mplayer working for videos, but I'd like to set kaboodle

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    San Antonio, Texas
    Posts
    3

    Re: kaboodle can't open any video

    Quote Originally Posted by suoko
    sorry, i have kaboodle. But same situation. only wav, ogg and mp3. I now have mplayer working for videos, but I'd like to set kaboodle
    I ran into a similar problem when attempting to play multimedia files (divx, xvid, mpg) after booting with the live-cd. Kept getting the error that kaboodle couldn't be found.

    Checking on multimedia playback was one of the things I wanted to try with knoppix prior to a HD installation. Along with a) checking to see if my installed hardware was detected (it was) b) checking to see if I could get an IP from my routers dhcp server and then connect to the net (I could), and c) whether I could burn a small data CD while using knoppix (I couldn't). My Sony cd burner and Pioneer dvd burner were both detected and listed as available cd readers in the k3b configuration but no cd writers were listed. Had hoped I could use the live-cd in the Sony CD drive and at the same time do a data cd test burn of a few files from the HD to the Pioneer DVD burner.

Similar Threads

  1. Help! cannot open emacs!
    By linuxprince in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-31-2004, 07:45 PM
  2. Cannot open display
    By ferreter in forum General Support
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 08-13-2003, 11:07 PM
  3. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-05-2003, 06:02 PM
  4. Port 80 Open
    By oscar in forum Networking
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 05-07-2003, 03:12 AM
  5. Image won't open
    By Jon in forum General Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-02-2003, 05:19 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


(New) AMD Ryzen 7 5700X 8 Core 16 Thread AM4 Unlocked 3.4 GHz CPU OEM Tray picture

(New) AMD Ryzen 7 5700X 8 Core 16 Thread AM4 Unlocked 3.4 GHz CPU OEM Tray

$169.99



Apple Mac Pro 5,1 • 8‑Core 2.26GHz • 14GB RAM • 128GB SSD + 1TB HDD Dual NVIDIA picture

Apple Mac Pro 5,1 • 8‑Core 2.26GHz • 14GB RAM • 128GB SSD + 1TB HDD Dual NVIDIA

$325.00



Intel Core i9-9900K SRG19 3.60GHz 16MB 8-Core LGA1151 B Grade CPU Processor picture

Intel Core i9-9900K SRG19 3.60GHz 16MB 8-Core LGA1151 B Grade CPU Processor

$175.00



AMD Ryzen 7 7700X 8-Core, 16-Thread Unlocked Desktop Processor picture

AMD Ryzen 7 7700X 8-Core, 16-Thread Unlocked Desktop Processor

$250.00



Intel Xeon E5 - 2667V2  / SR19W   3.30GHz 25MB  8-Core CPU Socket LGA2011 picture

Intel Xeon E5 - 2667V2 / SR19W 3.30GHz 25MB 8-Core CPU Socket LGA2011

$30.00



AMD Ryzen 5 PRO 4650GE 100-000000153 6-Core 3.30GHz 8MB AM4 CPU Processor picture

AMD Ryzen 5 PRO 4650GE 100-000000153 6-Core 3.30GHz 8MB AM4 CPU Processor

$59.99



AMD Ryzen Threadripper PRO 3945WX 12-Core 4.0GHz sWRX8 CPU NEW Tray Unlocked picture

AMD Ryzen Threadripper PRO 3945WX 12-Core 4.0GHz sWRX8 CPU NEW Tray Unlocked

$79.99



AMD FX 8350 8-CORE 4.00GHz CPU FD8350FRW8KHK SOCKET AM3+ *QTY picture

AMD FX 8350 8-CORE 4.00GHz CPU FD8350FRW8KHK SOCKET AM3+ *QTY

$39.99



DELL OPTIPLEX 3280 21.5

DELL OPTIPLEX 3280 21.5" AIO Core i5 10500T 8GB 256GB NVMe Windows 11 -NO STAND

$179.99



Home Assistant Server | 8GB RAM | 128GB SSD | Intel i5 Quad-Core | Dell OptiPlex picture

Home Assistant Server | 8GB RAM | 128GB SSD | Intel i5 Quad-Core | Dell OptiPlex

$159.99