I have 8.2 and the magnifier just came on. I probably hit a wrong key. It won't go away. Is there a way to turn this off?
Thanks!
I have 8.2 and the magnifier just came on. I probably hit a wrong key. It won't go away. Is there a way to turn this off?
Thanks!
Hi Fendza,
Just go to "MENU" and:
1- Choose one the two proposed "Monior System".
2- Choose he tab "Process"
3- Find YOUR process and " KILL IT".
Good luck
knp
Open Compiz Settings Manager from Menu/Settings. Look for the Magnifier and open its settings by clicking on it. You will see the hotkey for start (and also for stop!): it is Super-M. So, you can kill Magnifier with this hotkey.
But if you untick the Magnifier, it will be disabled and never starts.
Otherwise, the Magnifier app is buggy: it starts unwanted triggered by other Compiz hotkeys.
At finishing moving a window starts magnifier; window decoration blinks
These are some of the reasons why I do not like Compiz.
Openbox-LXDE is wonderful, in my opinion it would be much more appropriate for Knoppix.
Last edited by szzsqing1; 02-10-2020 at 12:44 AM.
Sorry - I haven't been on for a while. Thanks so much. I have printed this. I think I hit a hot key accidentally!

Mini Computer Vacuum USB Keyboard Cleaner PC Laptop Brush Dust Cleaning Kit NEW
$13.89
LEVOIT Cordless Vacuum Cleaner, Stick Vac with Tangle-Resistant Design, Up to...
$162.04
2-in-1 Compressed Air Duster & Vacuum, Brushless Motor, 320000RPM
$37.99
Cordless Air Duster & Vacuum Cleaner for Keyboard & PC Cleaning - 110000RPM Powe
$53.99
US Mini Computer Vacuum USB Keyboard Cleaner PC Laptop Brush Dust Cleaning Kits
$13.89
2 in 1 Compressed Air Duster Air Blower & Vacuum Cleaner Cordless Duster Blower
$16.99
Multifunctional Handheld Vacuum Cleaner & Blower for Keyboard/PC US SELLER
$39.99
Cordless Vacuum Cleaner for 20V Battery, 7-in-1 Lightweight Stick Vacu...
$149.15
Electric Air Duster Blower High Power Cordless Cleaner for PC Laptop Keyboard
$17.99
Mini Computer Vacuum Cleaner & Compressed Air Duster 14500Pa, 110000RPM, Cordles
$53.99