for example:
boot: knoppix lang=us noapic
I boot knoppix cd fine until I run into BUG AT IDE.......ect and so on then it says something about interupt handler. But the fix is booting with noapic, how do i boot with noapic????//// PLZ help![]()
[/b]
for example:
boot: knoppix lang=us noapic
This didnt work what I recieve is BUG at ide-iops.c:512! then a lot af characters then it ends with IN interrupt handler -not syncing PLZ help
Since it has something to do with IDE (you know harddisks), what harddisk do you use?
sudo hdparm -iI /dev/hda
And what motherboard/chipset (the chipsets talks via IDE to the harddisk)?
sudo lspci -v
Thank you..![]()
im sortof a noob so how can i check wat i have give me ur e-mail so i can communicate faster
Hmm, I think I'll try it via forum support a bit longer. Most of the time more people start pooring in who are more knowledgable about certain hardware side-effects.
Does your system even run after booting, or does the error occure before X (the graphical stuff) is started? If it boots, could you try the cheatcode "knoppix 2" (== command-line only mode)? And enter the above commands? You could even store them on a floppy:
Code:sudo su mount /floppy hdparm -iI /dev/hda > /floppy/hdparm.txt lspci -v > /floppy/lspci.txt
it freezes after this so no
I guess this meant it doesn't even fully boot?
Maybe some more knowledgable people will help me here. I know there is the cheatcode "knoppix -b". It will boot the kernel and some simple shell, no disks are mounted. But I don't know enough about that to guide you thrue this.
btw, what are your system specs (RAM, CPU, graphics card) in general. How old is your PC?
yea
but i heard the fix is to boot with noapic but it doesnt work at boot i type knoppix lang=us noapic but that doesnt work might not be for c:512!![]()
![]()
I just tried knoppix -b and it booted the kernel then said root password garbled, give root password for matinence

Lenovo ThinkPad L13 Yoga Touch Laptop 13.3” Core i5 8GB RAM 256GB SSD Win 11 Pro
$239.99
Lenovo ThinkPad E14 Gen 2 Laptop 14” HD Ryzen 5 16GB RAM 512GB SSD Win 11 Pro
$334.99
Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black
$241.50
Lenovo ThinkPad E14 Gen 3 Laptop 14” FHD AMD Ryzen 5 16GB RAM 512GB SSD Win 11
$374.99
LENOVO THINKPAD X13 YOGA GEN 1 [email protected] 8GB RAM 256SSD BKLIT BT CAM TOUCH
$189.99
Lenovo Legion 5 Gaming 15.1" WQXGA OLED 165Hz Core i9-14900HX 16GB 1TB RTX 5070
$1469.00
LENOVO THINKPAD T14 GEN 2i CORE I7-11165G7 2.8GHZ 16GB 256 SSD WCAM WI1 CORD
$245.00
Lenovo ThinkPad T14 Gen 1 14" AMD Ryzen 5 16GB 256GB SSD
$219.99
Lenovo ThinkPad T14s Laptop 14” Laptop Core i5 8GB RAM 256GB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$249.99
Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black
$241.50