I have the KNOPPIX image copied to a fat32 partition, the third partition on my second, slave, IDE drive, I think it is /dev/hdb3,
and can boot it from a floppy made using mkfloppy.bat.
Now, I want to install Lilo on the bootsector of this partition so I can dual boot using ntldr. I do NOT want to install Lilo to the MBR. Essentially, I want to follow the directions in http://www.knoppix.net/docs/index.php/HdBasedHowTo but they are so garbled, I don't want to try to follow them.
Has anyone done this? The obstacles are (1) I need to remount that partition rw, not ro. Then I need to install lilo. Then I need to configure lilo to load the vmlinuz that is there and to use the miniroot.gz as the initrd I think. But the devil is in the details. Clear instructions would be most appreciated.
Thanks![]()

Dell 6P85J 4TB ST4000NM0063 7.2k 6Gb/s 3.5” SAS SED Hard Drive with Tray
$39.99
Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5" 512e HDD NetApp X375A
$64.00
(ST8000NM0045) SEAGATE ENTERPRISE 8TB 7200RPM 4Kn SATA 6Gb/s 3.5" HARD DRIVE
$199.99
DELL 2TB Enterprise HDD (7200RPM, 3.5", SATA III, 128MB Cache) HUS722T2TALA600
$49.95
Seagate ST500DM009 BarraCuda 500 GB 3.5" SATA III Desktop Hard Drive
$14.99
HGST Ultrastar 7K4000 3TB 7200RPM SATA III 3.5" Hard Drive HDD HUS724030ALA640
$39.99
HGST HUA723030ALA640 3TB SATA 7200 RPM 3.5 in Enterprise HDD | 0F14044 (100%)
$45.00
Dell ST6000NM0034 1HT27Z-150 NWCCG 6TB SAS 3.5 7.2K ENTERPRISE SERVER DRIVE
$68.99
Seagate ST8000DM004 8TB 3.5" 6Gb/s 256MB SATA HDD P/N: 2CX188-300 Tested
$149.99
Seagate Exos X16 ST12000NM001G 12TB 256MB 7200RPM 3.5" SATA 6Gb/s Enterprise HDD
$349.95