-
hardware autoconfig
When I used Knoppix I found it to be the best Linux distro since it reckognized all of my laptop hardware like my external hard drive connected via PC card firewire. Also I like the standard configuration of KDE a lot.
This convinced me of installing Knoppix to HD. But I was really surprised to see none of the hardware auto configuration working after hdinstall.
Is it possible to include knoppix-autoconfig somewhere in the boot process so that the HD installation gets configured exactly the same way as the Knoppix CD?
I have searched here on this website and I have also googled a bit. I am sorry if I am missing something. Any hint to RTFM would be just fine.
I am just surprised that this topic doesn't seem to be that important or why isn't it covered in the docs? To me, the auto configuration is the most important reason to switch over to Knoppix and I would guess that this is just the same for many users who either don't have the time or the Linux experience to figure out all that stuff on their own. And I am also pretty sure that you wouldn't want to run Knoppix from CD all the time, would you?
Similar Threads
-
By ShaunMcGoldrick in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 11-29-2004, 01:15 AM
-
By farawayuser in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 2
Last Post: 12-06-2003, 12:28 AM
-
By kim in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 12-05-2003, 04:07 AM
-
By Danmak in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 3
Last Post: 12-01-2003, 03:40 AM
-
By Ragaprong in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 11-11-2003, 06:37 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

NEW Cisco Meraki MS130-48P-HW 48-Port Gigabit PoE+ Cloud Manage Switch UNCLAIMED
$2999.99

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99

Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module
$699.99

Cisco Catalyst C9130AXI-B WiFi 6 802.11ax Wireless Access Point Brand New
$101.99

Cisco Nexus N9K-C92160YC-X 48P 25GbE SFP28 6P QSFP+/QSFP28 PE Switch
$439.00

Cisco | N3K-C3232C | 32-Port 100G QSFP Network Switch W/ 2x PSU, 2x Power Cords
$240.00

Cisco C9300-48UXM-A Switch 9300 Series 48-port UPoE Network
$874.99

New Sealed Cisco GLC-LH-SMD 1000BASE-LX/LH SFP Transceiver Module *US
$17.00

NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping*
$24.00

Cisco XFP-10G-MM-SR 10G XFP Transceiver
$79.89