Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Samba help

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Prototask
    Guest

    Samba help

    I am new to Knoppix, and I think Knoppix is great, I have been able to move the CD to my hard drive and using KPH 0.4 I can boot from a floppy and run Knoppix. Now I would like to use Samba to access my windows shares but when I use the following command,

    "mkdir tmp/share; sudo mount -t smbfs -o username=Administrator //otherbox/share /tmp/share"

    to mount my shares I get the message "unable to resolve mount point /tmp/share".

    What am I doing wrong? Please help.

  2. #2
    Schwarze
    Guest
    Hi Prototask!

    I guess it's because you forgot the slash (/) in front of "tmp/share" in the mkdir statement!?

    Bye, Matthias

  3. #3
    Prototask
    Guest

    Samba Help

    Quote Originally Posted by Schwarze
    Hi Prototask!

    I guess it's because you forgot the slash (/) in front of "tmp/share" in the mkdir statement!?

    Bye, Matthias
    Thanks Schwarze, the obvious can make you look really stupid.

Similar Threads

  1. samba is gay
    By ghostblaze in forum General Support
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-04-2004, 03:14 AM
  2. Samba and MTU
    By jimbo62 in forum Networking
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-15-2004, 03:22 AM
  3. editing /KNOPPIX/etc/samba/samba.conf as root ?!?!
    By smarchand291 in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-08-2003, 11:41 PM
  4. how to use samba?
    By juan_sck in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-17-2003, 01:36 PM
  5. Samba?
    By Tovi in forum General Support
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-21-2003, 08:42 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Samsung 2.5

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot

$100.00



SSD 880EVO SATA III 2.5 4TB INTERNAL SOLID STATE DRIVE picture

SSD 880EVO SATA III 2.5 4TB INTERNAL SOLID STATE DRIVE

$189.99



Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot picture

Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot

$549.00



HP Samsung PM871b 2.5 SATA SSD 256GB Solid state drive picture

HP Samsung PM871b 2.5 SATA SSD 256GB Solid state drive

$29.99



Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5

Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT1000MX500SSD1

$99.99



2 PACK 128 GB SSD M.2 2280 SATA Solid State Drive Major Brands, Samsung, LiteON picture

2 PACK 128 GB SSD M.2 2280 SATA Solid State Drive Major Brands, Samsung, LiteON

$28.00



Crucial MX500 250GB 2.5

Crucial MX500 250GB 2.5" SATA III SSD - Preowned

$29.00



Fanxiang 256GB 512GB 1TB 2TB 4TB SSD Lot 2.5'' SATA Internal Solid State Drive picture

Fanxiang 256GB 512GB 1TB 2TB 4TB SSD Lot 2.5'' SATA Internal Solid State Drive

$42.99



Samsung 860 EVO 250GB, SATA III, 2.5

Samsung 860 EVO 250GB, SATA III, 2.5" Internal Solid State Drive - Black...

$30.00



Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5

Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5" SATA III Solid State Drive -

$39.99