Hi Prototask!
I guess it's because you forgot the slash (/) in front of "tmp/share" in the mkdir statement!?
Bye, Matthias
I am new to Knoppix, and I think Knoppix is great, I have been able to move the CD to my hard drive and using KPH 0.4 I can boot from a floppy and run Knoppix. Now I would like to use Samba to access my windows shares but when I use the following command,
"mkdir tmp/share; sudo mount -t smbfs -o username=Administrator //otherbox/share /tmp/share"
to mount my shares I get the message "unable to resolve mount point /tmp/share".
What am I doing wrong? Please help.![]()
Hi Prototask!
I guess it's because you forgot the slash (/) in front of "tmp/share" in the mkdir statement!?
Bye, Matthias
Thanks Schwarze, the obvious can make you look really stupid.Originally Posted by Schwarze

Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot
$549.00
Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$100.00
Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5" SATA III Solid State Drive -
$39.99
Netac 120GB 256GB 1TB 2TB Internal SSD 2.5'' SATAIII 6Gb/s Solid State Drive lot
$119.99
Crucial MX500 250GB 2.5" SATA III SSD - Preowned
$29.00
Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT1000MX500SSD1
$99.99
2 PACK 128 GB SSD M.2 2280 SATA Solid State Drive Major Brands, Samsung, LiteON
$28.00
Fanxiang 256GB 512GB 1TB 2TB 4TB SSD Lot 2.5'' SATA Internal Solid State Drive
$42.99
Samsung 860 EVO 250GB, SATA III, 2.5" Internal Solid State Drive - Black...
$30.00
Intel Solid-State Drive DC S3500 Series 240GB Internal 2.5" (SSDSC2BB240G4P) SSD
$29.99