-
Senior Member
registered user
Re: Please Post a Simple CONFIG file for Kernel Config
--I tried emailing you via the links on this board, but you're not available for that according to your profile. My makefile is ~24K, I don't think this board supports posts that long. Post your obfuscated email ( me at whatever dot blah ) and I'll send you my 2.4.22 config.
--NOTE: You WILL have to go thru the kernel config menus yourself line-by-line and change things according to your hardware! Don't just use my config file blindly, I can pretty much guarantee the kernel won't boot right on your box. For starters, you need a copy of your current ' lsmod ' so that you retain your network card and other settings. I also elected to compile reiserfs into the kernel directly so an initrd wouldn't be needed.
--Use of other users' kernel config files is intended as a learning experience as to what can be taken out. I elected to keep a lot of stuff like network cards in, JIC I changed the hardware; that's why I have ' discover ' installed. But if you want, you can take out EVERYTHING that doesn't apply to your current system. The downside is that if you add any new hardware, you have to reboot with Knoppix CD 1st, find out what got loaded, and then recompile your kernel with that info. 

Originally Posted by
bongski55
I think I know what is taking me so long to compile a kernel-the number of modules. The way I do it is I just copy and save via make xconfig the original knoppix config file. This way I avoid making decision as to what to include as modules. So many things on the config file are exotic names I never heard before and by default in knoppix are all in modules.
So could someone please give me a sample config file that is simple and can be used as a basis in kernel compilation
Similar Threads
-
By cfish in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 04-25-2005, 07:31 AM
-
By zippix in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 06-12-2004, 11:36 PM
-
By jackren in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 4
Last Post: 12-08-2003, 07:15 PM
-
By lavaman094 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 4
Last Post: 10-16-2003, 07:30 AM
-
By in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 01-17-2003, 03:07 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

🔀 Juniper Networks EX2300-C-12P 12× Gigabit PoE+ • 2× 10G SFP+ Compact Switch ⚡
$109.99

Juniper EX2300 12-Port Gigabit PoE+ Managed Network Switch P/N: EX2300-C-12P
$149.99

Juniper Networks EX3400-24T 24-Port Ethernet Switch w/Power Cord
$174.99

Juniper EX3400-24P 24-Port PoE+ GbE + 4-Port 1/10Gb SFP Switch
$245.00

JUNIPER QFX5120-48Y-AFO 48x 10/25GbE SFP28 8x 40/100GbE Network Switch Dual PSU
$6998.00

Juniper Networks QFX-SFP-DAC-7MA to Brocade (Formerly) XBR-TWX-0701 Comp TAA
$196.99

Juniper MX204 +JUNOS and Dual Power Supply
$7299.99

Juniper Networks AP33-US Indoor Wifi6 (US Version) 5GHz: 4x4:4; 2.99
$24.99

Juniper Networks Mist Wireless Access Points, Model AP45
$59.99

Juniper Networks EX2300-48P 48-Port Gigabit PoE Managed Ethernet Switch
$79.99