Yes. The german c't published an article that describes how to do this. Also they put together a modified Knoppix CD that you can use for backing up, viruscheck and so on up your partitions.
Eugen
Is it possible to backup a NTFS partition with partimage, since knoppix can read the partition, (but not write on it's file system)
Yes. The german c't published an article that describes how to do this. Also they put together a modified Knoppix CD that you can use for backing up, viruscheck and so on up your partitions.
Eugen
Hi,
I've got a problem with partimag.
If the target file size reaches the limit of 2Gb the backup is interrupted. Is this a kernel or a partimag problem?
Partimag options are correct (I hope).
Thx
RFC0815
Sounds like FAT limitation ?
I think your destination partition is FAT formatted .
Try a linux formatted destination.
Hi,
the target partition is a Quantum SnapServer, maximum file size up to 2 TB for SMB and NFS access.
Do you have another idea?
Or does someone know the current kernel parameters used by Knoppix 3.2?
So you backup to networkdrive ?
Surely you use samba connected networkdrive to do this ?
If this is tha case I would search for typical samba stuff ...
Like adapting samba config files or so ...
Google around for 40sec. and this came up :
http://www.google.be/search?q=cache:...hl=nl&ie=UTF-8An article about Snapserver have troubles with files bigger than 2gb .
Maybe this is your problem ?
That might be the problem.
I'll work on this. Thanks for the info!
Regards
RFC 0815
This is not the solution but an acceptable workaround for my problem:
I've activated the split option for target files. In result I have multiple files which contain the whole image.
The problem still is the 2Gb frontier of the Quantum server if I try to mount via smbfs. I'm not allowed to mount via nfs because root access on the Quantum is disabled. There is no user mapping available on the Quantum thing.
Got links? Thanks!Originally Posted by Eugen
www.heise.de/ct
But you won't find the Knoppix mod on this page. It was part of ct magazine 9/03.
What you can do is e-mail to Oliver Diedrich ([email protected]) or order the magazine by mail.
Greetings
RFC 0815

Dell Precision T5820 Workstation 3.70GHz W-2135 No RAM/ GPU/ HDD/ OS
$179.98
Dell Precision Tower 7810 Xeon E5-2630 v3 @ 2.40GHz , 32GB Ram, NO HDD, NO OS
$239.99
Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00
Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM
$699.00
Intel Xeon E5-2699 V4 2.20GHz 55M 22-CORES LGA2011-3 Server Processor 145W SR2JS
$84.49
Dell Precision T7820 2x Xeon Silver 4114 2.20GHz 950W No RAM GPU HDD 4x SATA
$350.48
Intel Xeon W-2255 SRGV8 3.7GHz 10-Core LGA2066 Server CPU Processor
$249.99
Genuine Intel Xeon W-2145 3.70Ghz 8 Cores LGA2066 CPU SR3LQ Tested USA SELLER
$94.94
Dell Precision T1700 Workstation Intel Xeon 16G Ram 256GG SSD Nvidia 600 Win 10
$109.99
Dell PowerEdge R530 2x E5-2630v4 H330 iDRAC8 Port Card Riser No PSU/RAM/HDD
$99.99