Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 14 of 14

Thread: Freezing

  1. #11
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    45

    Ok This is Realy Weird

    Now i can get sound from the Games, but not Xmms or any MP3s

    Whoops I didn't think that went through

  2. #12
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    45
    Ok Got it working, -- re-installed KNoppix and did thw Alsa Thing and it worked Fine... It reconized my printer and gave me a while list of options for it (drivers) and I;vew tried every one and no luck! it wont Print.

    and that Falken's Thing -- It starts up, then Quits -- what could that be -- I'm in Vesa Mode? or what?

  3. #13
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    24

    Same Problem.

    Hello !! I am a new user having the same problem as well. Soon after boot screen goes blank. I got my CD from a very good online vendor, so no questions in this regard to quality.

    I have an IBM Aptiva 333MHz, 156MB. PnP and Power Management disabled in BIOS.

    Tried to boot as knoppix 2, knoppix noscsi, knoppix noide, knoppix nopcimca. Same results all the time. Monitor goes blank after boot.

    I also have Damn Small Linux. Same results with that as well. Please help. Thanks.

    Vijay

  4. #14
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    San Antonio, Texas
    Posts
    2

    Mouse freeze

    I'm not sure if this relates but everything was fine after cdrom installation. Then I

    # apt-get update && apt-get upgrade

    and the the mouse freezes in KDE.

    I found that brltty had been installed so I

    # dpkg -r brltty

    and I'm up and running again.

    I hope this helps someone,
    Dale E. Moore

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Threads

  1. 3.8.1 freezing on 'Checking for for USB'
    By red_rob in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-10-2005, 10:28 PM
  2. Knoppix freezing commonly
    By shadowics in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-09-2005, 12:17 PM
  3. freezing system
    By henning.scheid in forum General Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-11-2004, 04:47 PM
  4. XMMS freezing up...
    By bob58 in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-26-2004, 02:18 PM
  5. Freezing after HDD install
    By foil in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-21-2003, 06:55 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Amiga Commodore A500  - Untested-For Parts or Repair - Vintage picture

Amiga Commodore A500 - Untested-For Parts or Repair - Vintage

$200.00



TeensyROM+ TR+ v0.4 Cartridge for C64/128 - w/ Case & 32GB SD Preloaded picture

TeensyROM+ TR+ v0.4 Cartridge for C64/128 - w/ Case & 32GB SD Preloaded

$89.50



Commodore 64 Dead Test & Diagnostic Cartridge & Test Harness Set - USA seller picture

Commodore 64 Dead Test & Diagnostic Cartridge & Test Harness Set - USA seller

$39.99



Commodore VIC-20 Diagnostic Cartridge & Test Harness Set - USA seller picture

Commodore VIC-20 Diagnostic Cartridge & Test Harness Set - USA seller

$39.99



Abacus Software Commodore 128 C-128 Book Lot 8 BASIC 7.0 CP/M CAD Manuals picture

Abacus Software Commodore 128 C-128 Book Lot 8 BASIC 7.0 CP/M CAD Manuals

$500.00



Commodore 64 Vintage Computer System *PARTS/AS IS* picture

Commodore 64 Vintage Computer System *PARTS/AS IS*

$70.00



Commodore 64 Serial Cable 6PIN DIN 1541 1571 C64 128 C128 Disk Drive Printer USA picture

Commodore 64 Serial Cable 6PIN DIN 1541 1571 C64 128 C128 Disk Drive Printer USA

$10.49



Commodore 128 C128 Computer FOR PARTS / REPAIR Untested Missing Key No Cords picture

Commodore 128 C128 Computer FOR PARTS / REPAIR Untested Missing Key No Cords

$149.99



RARE Commodore MPS801 Printer - 1st printer for the 64 - powers on picture

RARE Commodore MPS801 Printer - 1st printer for the 64 - powers on

$70.00



Commodore 64 Drive Alignment & Utility Diskette picture

Commodore 64 Drive Alignment & Utility Diskette

$9.99