Quote Originally Posted by boudie
Installed Knoppix over the weekend and found the new
installer to be a vast improvement over the old one.
After setting up the pppoe, first thing I wanted to do
was apt-get some debs, but a lot of the packages wanted
libc6-2.3.2-1 (in unstable) and the Knoppix has 2.3.1-16.
Now, is it feasible to upgrade libc6 to the unstable
version or am I courting disaster for the likes of
nano and epiphany (and xscreensaver-4.12, which has a
cool "xmatrix -small -crack" feature).
Has anyone had the same problem and found a solution?
I have read post in the Debian Users mailing list of problems with libc6 but I have not had any so it's up to you. BTW my install shows libc6-2.3.2-4 available in unstable:
Code:
[05:04 PM Tue Sep 02: stephen @ ~]
>$ apt-cache policy libc6
libc6:
  Installed: 2.3.2-4
  Candidate: 2.3.2-4
  Version Table:
 *** 2.3.2-4 0
        500 http://ftp.de.debian.org unstable/main Packages
        100 /var/lib/dpkg/status
     2.3.1-16 0
        990 http://ftp.de.debian.org testing/main Packages
     2.2.5-11.5 0
        500 http://security.debian.org stable/updates/main Packages
     2.2.5-11.2 0
        500 http://ftp.de.debian.org stable/main Packages
     2.2.5-9.woody.3 0
        990 http://security.debian.org testing/updates/main Packages