-
HOWTO:Duke Nukem 3D with CD-based Knoppix 3.2
I'm pleased to report that the Linux version of this game works pretty well when running Knoppix from the CD.
You can use the already-compiled binary from the Slackware version of duke3d. I copied the duke3d game folder to a memory stick, then copied just the duke3d executable file into the same folder. To run the game, I open a shell in that folder and type duke3d. You can use the Midnight Commander file manager (mc) to edit the duke3d.cfg file if you need to (other text editors seem to corrupt this file).
Knoppix is great! I really like running it from the CD. I figure a read-only operating system offers the best protection against the viruses and hackers infesting the Internet. Maybe in the future all operating systems will work this way.
I am extremely grateful for Mr. Knopper's contribution to personal computing. Thanks also to the many contributors to this forum -- you've helped me a lot.
Similar Threads
-
By UnderScore in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 102
Last Post: 10-19-2007, 02:04 PM
-
By swithers in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 02-19-2004, 09:25 PM
-
By pilovis in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 03-28-2003, 09:17 PM
-
By lindleyrl in forum Ideas
Replies: 5
Last Post: 03-14-2003, 03:13 AM
-
By antti in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 02-14-2003, 10:48 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

INFO/soft Character Generator Manual for Atari 3000/5000/7000 NTSC
$40.00

DEFECTIVE Atari 810 Vintage Computer Disk Drive powers on Unit Only Boo G3D
$49.29

Atari 130 XE/Atari 1050 Bundle W/ Cords And Extras (Powered On)
$300.00

UNOCART-2600 SD card Multi Rom Cartridge for ATARI 2600 with CASE
$34.25

Fujinet 1.7.1 Atari 400 800 800XL 130XE 65XE XEGS Assembled, Tested, Working
$99.99

Atari XE 130XE Computer NTSC with Power Supply Powers On Untested
$159.95

Atari OS & Memory Expansion Cartridges Lot - Untested Possibly For Parts/Repairs
$149.97

Gotek USB Floppy Emulator v3.44 OLED (no speaker) Amiga Atari IBM Roland AKAI
$44.00

Atari 800 8-bit Computer System Fully Tested Great Condition 48k READ
$350.00

Atari 400 Computer System console with Power Supply TESTED and Working
$150.00