Is it possible to copy a downloaded iso file directly to a usb drive without having to burn a dvd?
Is it possible to copy a downloaded iso file directly to a usb drive without having to burn a dvd?
hello WestCoast
Your question is not so clear!...
1- If you mean a simple "copy" (ie a "tranfer")
a- you CANNOT copy on a FAT_FORMATTED a file
longer than 4 Go (examples:knoppix_8*)
b- you can otherwise: just copy!
2- If you mean "installing knoppix for booting..."
a- If your USB is a FLASH one, DVD_documentation
says you CAN install knoppix "on the fly"
when downloading.
I never tested this method.
b- If your USB is a HARD one I (and other ones)
did not found a clear applicable method
WITHOUT a CD_DVD burner.
Please see the discussion at the link blow:
http://knoppix.net/forum/threads/317...-to-Mr-KNOPPER
I am sorry because I am not connected regularly
and moreover I am not an expert.
Good luck
knp
Last edited by knp; 12-10-2019 at 10:48 PM.
PS: To load it onto a USB exactly as Knoppix would have done, you would need to boot that up and then make a 2nd flashdrive with Knoppix's menu option. I think maybe that when Knoppix creates a flashdrive it might set it up differently, but have never tried that myself. I always either run it from the flashdrive (if using it as a rescue disk) that I created or load it to the hard drive as an ISO and run it from there as I detailed in my other post.
If you are doing it from windows, try using a free program called Rufus to make the flashdrive. Try the defaults and if it won't boot you might have to try different settings. The other way I know of on windows is to use a program that writes a raw image to the usb.
https://sourceforge.net/projects/win32diskimager/

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb
$374.99
Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00
Dell PowerEdge R730 Server 2x Xeon E5-2630 V4 64GB DDR4 2TB HDD Rackmount
$489.99
Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores | 32gb | HBA330 | 2x 1...
$324.99
Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Core | HBA330 | No RAM or HDD
$149.99
Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2690 v3 | 64gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$524.99
Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$409.99
Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO
$248.00
Dell PowerEdge R530 2x E5-2630v4 H330 iDRAC8 Port Card Riser No PSU/RAM/HDD
$99.99
Dell PowerEdge FC430 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2630v4 20 Cores FX2 FX2s No RAM/HDD
$119.99