-
Knoppix & Knode
Does anybody know if it's possible to use KNode (Newsreader) with Knoppix? I tried to install it in several ways, but it always fails due to broken packages and I wasn't able to install these packages too. Any idea how to do?
-
Senior Member
registered user
I assume you are installing onto a knoppix hd install. If using apt-get install knode doesnt work, try this apt-get install knode/unstable. If that doesn't work, try this apt-get -t unstable install knode. Hopefully one of those should work our your dependency problems.
-
Well, it seems to work using apt-get -t unstable. However, APT wants to remove some packages now:
The following packages will be REMOVED:
kdelibs4-dev libarts1-dev libartsc0-dev libpng12-0-dev libqt3-mt-dev
Are these packages important or should I continue anyway?
-
Senior Member
registered user
Ok, I wouldn't do that then. I don't normally go ahead with the -t unstable option if it is going to remove stuff. In general you can use this option and you won't run into this problem, but not in this case obviously.
-
Hmm, looks like I've to give Mozilla a try.
But thanks for your help, anyway!
-
Update: It works. I had to compile it by myself, but the most complicated part was to find a source package.
-
Tell us where you got the sources to compile
>Update: It works. I had to compile it by myself, but the most complicated part was to find a source >package.
Tell us where you got the sources to compile. If it was hard to find throw us a bone!
ErikK
Similar Threads
-
By Bob_Ullet in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 11-02-2003, 12:46 AM
-
By Bob_Ullet in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 11-01-2003, 03:06 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

128GB (4x32GB) SK hynix DDR4 PC4-2666V RDIMM ECC Server Ram HMA84GR7CJR4N-VK
$799.00

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00

867959-B21 HPE ProLiant DL360 G10 CTO Server W/ 2x 865414-B21 1x 840140-001
$245.00

Microsoft Windows Server 2022 Standard 64Bit 16 Core-50 CALs DVD With Key&
$69.90

Gigabyte 4U AI Server 10x Nvidia GPU 2x Xeon Gold 6150 36 Core 2.7GHz DDR4 RAM
$1499.00

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$409.99

Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO
$308.00

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2690 v3 | 64gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$524.99

Dell PowerEdge R530 2x E5-2630v4 H330 iDRAC8 Port Card Riser No PSU/RAM/HDD
$99.99

Asrock Rack ROMED8-2T Server Motherboard AMD EPYC 7003 (with AMD 3D V-Cache Tech
$747.99