-
Auto scan
I have recently downloaded knoppix and I must say it is great, i am running it on a laptop (PIII 500Mhz) and it works great, I am currently running knoppix from CD because it's not my laptop and i am not allowed to perform potentially dangerous changes on it.
Anyway, i was wondering if there is any way or will be in the future that knoppix could automaticaclly scan the devices to see if there is a persistent home or a saved configuration, so instead of using knoppix home=scan everytime i boot to load my home directory I would use knoppix home=none (for example) if I messed up my home and I want to start from zero (the same way for the saved configuration).
Now one question related (I'm too lazy to create a new topic) if i edit some configuration files, like /etc/fstab or httpd.conf to mention some, if I save the configuration will those files restored if I boot using the cheat code knoppix myconfig=scan?. Thankz.
Similar Threads
-
By dk1ri in forum General Support
Replies: 5
Last Post: 01-11-2005, 01:38 PM
-
By eentonig in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 01-11-2005, 10:57 AM
-
By micman2003 in forum Networking
Replies: 3
Last Post: 08-13-2004, 04:40 PM
-
By DavidTempler in forum General Support
Replies: 5
Last Post: 06-22-2003, 03:36 PM
-
By maddany in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 04-16-2003, 02:19 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Mini Computer Vacuum USB Keyboard Cleaner PC Laptop Brush Dust Cleaning Kit NEW
$13.89

LEVOIT Cordless Vacuum Cleaner, Stick Vac with Tangle-Resistant Design, Up to...
$162.04

Cordless Air Duster & Vacuum Cleaner for Keyboard & PC Cleaning - 110000RPM Powe
$53.99

V3 Robot Vacuum and Mop Combo,Self-Charging,5000pa Strong Suction,WiFi/Alexa NIB
$82.00

WaterSaver CT4880F-225WSA Vacuum VAC Panel Mount Needle Valve 3/8" IPS 1 Pc
$78.00

US Mini Computer Vacuum USB Keyboard Cleaner PC Laptop Brush Dust Cleaning Kits
$13.89

Compressed Air Duster Rechargeable Computer Vacuum Cleaner for PC Keyboard Toys
$16.99

2-in-1 Compressed Air Duster & Vacuum, Brushless Motor, 320000RPM
$37.99

Cordless Handheld Vacuum Cleaner Compatible with DeWalt 20V Battery
$107.67

Mini Computer Vacuum Cleaner & Compressed Air Duster 14500Pa, 110000RPM, Cordles
$53.99