-
Good, but from where can we get iso image - Corona Lockout
Can you share the Ver 9 - EN iso image, know it is huge, but will be useful for knoppix users.
U can use sourceforge or google drive.
Thanks for sharing.

Originally Posted by
ruymbeke
Hi Klaus,
I hope my email finds you and your loved one healthy and happy.
I am just sharing some findings that you may be interested in adding into your next Knoppix release. I finally managed to dual boot natively Knoppix 9 from the iso image located in the Win 10 ntfs partition of the nvme ssd drive of my new machine and that was more complicated than I initially thought. Most of my problems came from the outdated version of busybox in the initrd which 1) was not seeing the large (>255) major device nodes and 2) could not see the content of the mounted ntfs partition because it was too large. After recompiling a standalone version of busybox with the proper options (and there is quite a few of them that matter) I also had to update the init boot script to replace all the "let" bash calls by "$(eval )" because I could not figure out how you got busybox to recognize that "let" applet. Finally I also had to add a couple lines in the init script to add the missing device nodes for the nvme partitions because udev is not yet running to discover them in the early stages of the boot. BTW, I also added support to boot from mmc cards which are available on most new laptops. If you are interested I will be more than happy to share my updated initrd which contains the new: init script, busybox and also some missing kernel modules (fuse, virtual machines hardware and all network cards support).
Best Regards,
Gilles
http://s94002264.onlinehome.us/grub/k900/minirt_900.gz
http://s94002264.onlinehome.us/grub/k900/minirt_900.tgz
kernel /linux64 bootfrom=/dev/nvme0n1p2/[bB][oO][oO][tT]/k900/*.iso myconf=scan ...
initrd /minirt_900.gz
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell PERC H755 3KDWX 8GB 12Gb SAS RAID Controller With Battery & Cables
$949.99

Broadcom 9600-24i RAID Controller PCIe Gen 4.1 Tri-Mode NEW 05-50111-01004
$649.99

EMC KTN-SL3 15-Bay Disk Array Enclosure w/2x 303-108-000E Cards, Dual PSU,No HDD
$239.99

Intel VROC Premium RAID Controller Card PCIe Add-On Module VROCPREMMOD
$265.00

G-Technology G-RAID 24TB Dual-Drive External HDD TB3 USB 3.1 7200RPM Silver
$299.99

MegaRAID 9580-8i8e 16-port 12G SAS/SATA/NVMe 8GB PCIe RAID - 05-50076-00
$1619.19

Broadcom LSI 9305-16i 12Gbps SAS-3 PCIe x8 HBA 16-Ports Raid Controller
$64.99

Dell PowerEdge HBA330 LP PCI-E 12GBs RAID SAS Controller Adapter J7TNV
$18.95

Areca ARC-1882IX-24 (16i4e)24-Port RAID Controller Card w/BBU /HDD Monitor Board
$300.00

Intel® Integrated RAID Mezzanine Module RMS3HC080 SAS/SATA H24093-204
$24.97