Hi everyone.
I think my sound on my motherboard does not work. No sound from front or back panel. Bummer. To get around this I bought a plug and play: Creative Labs Sound Blaster Play! 3 external USB Sound Adapter. No linux support from what I can tell.
Knoppix 8.2 does recognize it.
lsusb: Creative Technology, Ltd
Works great in Windows.
/proc/asound/card1 has:
root@Microknoppix:/proc/asound/card1# ll
total 0
-r--r--r-- 1 root root 0 Mar 19 12:04 id
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 0 Mar 19 12:04 oss_mixer
dr-xr-xr-x 3 root root 0 Mar 19 12:04 pcm0c
dr-xr-xr-x 3 root root 0 Mar 19 12:04 pcm0p
-r--r--r-- 1 root root 0 Mar 19 12:04 stream0
-r--r--r-- 1 root root 0 Mar 19 12:04 usbbus
-r--r--r-- 1 root root 0 Mar 19 12:04 usbid
-r--r--r-- 1 root root 0 Mar 19 12:04 usbmixer
Cool it shows up, but it gives me no sound.
The weird thing is that when I run a speaker test I can hear it!
speaker-test -c 2 -D hw:1
I didn't expect anything, since the USB has no Linux support.
I was wondering how I could try and default from hw:0 (motherboard sound) to hw:1 (Creative Labs) on boot up. Or even test it using modprobe somehow.
Thanks!

Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor
$39.00
Intel Core Ultra 9 CPU 285K 24 cores (8 P-cores + 16 E-cores) up to 5.7 Ghz
$475.00
Intel Core i7-8700 3.2 GHz 8 GT/s LGA 1151 Desktop CPU Processor SR3QS
$67.99
INTEL CORE I9-10940X X-SERIES PROCESSOR | 3.30GHZ | SRGSH
$179.99
Intel Core i5-12500T SRL5W 2GHz 18MB 6 Core Socket LGA1700 Desktop CPU Processor
$114.99
Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3 SR153 3.3GHz Quad Core LGA 1150 CPU Processor
$14.49
Intel Core i7-7700K SR33A 4.20GHz 4-Core LGA1151 CPU Processor
$62.95
Intel Core [email protected] GHz SRMBM Socket FCLGA1700 Processor
$159.99
Intel Core i5-4590T 2 GHz 5 GT/s LGA 1150 Desktop CPU Processor SR1S6
$10.99
Lenovo ThinkCentre M920s SFF Barebones PC Motherboard PSU DVD No CPU RAM SSD
$27.99