Hello,
I tried the following with knoppix 8.6:
1. sudo apt update
2. sudo apt install grub-efi
Last step removes the grub-install 0.97 and installs the 2.x version.
Thank you,
Zvika
Hello,
Currently I'm using knoppix 8.1
grub-install installs grub 0.97
Can I use knoppix (newer version ?) to install grub 2.x ?
Thank you,
Zvika
Hello,
I tried the following with knoppix 8.6:
1. sudo apt update
2. sudo apt install grub-efi
Last step removes the grub-install 0.97 and installs the 2.x version.
Thank you,
Zvika

Vintage AppleCare Protection Plan Box for Mac Model 607-3517 COLLECTIBLE ONLY
$20.00
Vintage Jetway J-620BF Socket 370 Celeron AT Motherboard SiS 620 Brand New
$75.00
Vintage HP Hewlett Packard 2112A 21MX 1000 M-Series 16-Bit Minicomputer
$599.99
Vintage ECS Micro-ATX Desktop Case | Beige/Dark Grey | *READ*
$80.00
Factory Sealed Windows 2000 Professional Upgrade Edition Vintage PC Software NOS
$50.00
Vintage Retro Beige ATX Sleeper PC Desktop Computer Case Good Condition
$199.99
Apple Macintosh Boot Disk System [1.0 - 8.0] 400/800k/1.4 Floppy for Vintage Mac
$11.75
Vintage SHARP PC-1500 Pocket Computer Scientific Calculator POWERS ON, UNTESTED
$85.00
Vintage 1986 Goldenrod Research Corp CP/M Desktop Computer Syste w/Keyboard
$350.00
Vintage Toshiba Satellite 4090XDVD Intel Celeron 400Mhz Retro - Powers up Cards
$57.59