-
Senior Member
registered user
Error using Synaptic in KNOPPIX_V8.6.1-2019-10-14-EN.iso unpacked as persistent
As usual I use unpacked KNOPPIX_V8.6.1-2019-10-14-EN.iso and booted with Grub to create a persistent system. In general, I have long been using synaptic to install additional software persistent across multiple reboots.
With the current version, I have run into an issue. I get the notice from synaptic:
E: The value 'stable' is invalid for APT::Default-Release as such a release is not available in the sources
E: _cache->open() failed, please report.
I checked the /etc/apt/sources.list
The keyword 'stable' shouldn't be an issue, but is presently. Shall the keywords be replaced by exact words? Like stable=buster, oldstable=stretch, unstable=Sid, oldoldstable=jessie and so on?
-
Senior Member
registered user
[Solved] Use apt-get update as a super-user to have synaptic working
[Solved] Use apt-get update as a super-user to have synaptic working
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN
$115.00

LG PCS200S Pro:Centric Server Hospitality TV Management System 1U Rackmount
$350.00

OPNsense Firewall VPN QAT 8-Core Atom C3758 2.20GHz 16GB DDR4 128GB SSD 8xNIC
$175.00

Ubuntu Server 26.04.1 LTS Bootable USB Flash Drive – Latest September 2026
$12.99

Novell SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 9, Linux Professional 8.2 / 9.1 — 3 DVD Set
$58.00

Start9 Server Pure 32GB 4TB Intel i7 Node StartOS — Box + PSU
$649.00

All New Ubuntu 26.04 LTS Linux Bootable USB Flash Drive
$15.95

Hitachi 14TB SATA 6Gb/s, 3.5”, 7200 RPM, Linux Only Hard Drive. 100% HEALTH.
$197.00

Microsoft SQL Server 2019 Enterprise 40 Core Unlimited CAL Retail License FPP
$299.00

SQL Server 2022 Enterprise 96 Core License & DVD Unlimited CALs with CoA
$284.99