[Solved] Use apt-get update as a super-user to have synaptic working
As usual I use unpacked KNOPPIX_V8.6.1-2019-10-14-EN.iso and booted with Grub to create a persistent system. In general, I have long been using synaptic to install additional software persistent across multiple reboots.
With the current version, I have run into an issue. I get the notice from synaptic:
I checked the /etc/apt/sources.listE: The value 'stable' is invalid for APT::Default-Release as such a release is not available in the sources
E: _cache->open() failed, please report.
The keyword 'stable' shouldn't be an issue, but is presently. Shall the keywords be replaced by exact words? Like stable=buster, oldstable=stretch, unstable=Sid, oldoldstable=jessie and so on?
[Solved] Use apt-get update as a super-user to have synaptic working

Acer Predator Helios Neo 16S AI 16" i9 275HX 2S RTX 5070 Ti 32GB 1TB SSD Refurb
$1671.47
Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i5 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$316.61
Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$90.00
External SSD 1TB 2TB 4TB Portable Hard Drive USB 3.0 Type-C High Speed PC Mac
$19.99
SAMSUNG T7 Portable SSD 1TB Indigo Blue USB 3.2 Gen2 External MU-PC1T0H/AM
$159.99
Netac 2TB 1TB 500GB Internal SSD M.2 NVMe PCIe3.0 Solid State Drive lot
$129.99
Acer Aspire 14" AI Copilot+PC Laptop Core Ultra 5 226V Gen 4 ARC 16GB 1TB Refurb
$462.74
Acer Aspire 16 16" Laptop Core Ultra 5 226V S2 16GB RAM 1TB SSD Arc Refurbished
$519.99
Western Digital 1TB 3.5" SATA III 7200RPM Desktop Hard Drive
$34.99
2026 NEW SGIN 15.6" Laptop Win11 Intel i3 16GB RAM 1TB SSD Wi-Fi 6 RJ45 USB-C
$333.99