[Solved] Use apt-get update as a super-user to have synaptic working
As usual I use unpacked KNOPPIX_V8.6.1-2019-10-14-EN.iso and booted with Grub to create a persistent system. In general, I have long been using synaptic to install additional software persistent across multiple reboots.
With the current version, I have run into an issue. I get the notice from synaptic:
I checked the /etc/apt/sources.listE: The value 'stable' is invalid for APT::Default-Release as such a release is not available in the sources
E: _cache->open() failed, please report.
The keyword 'stable' shouldn't be an issue, but is presently. Shall the keywords be replaced by exact words? Like stable=buster, oldstable=stretch, unstable=Sid, oldoldstable=jessie and so on?
[Solved] Use apt-get update as a super-user to have synaptic working

TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch
$19.99
NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch
$49.99
TP-Link TL-SG1048 48-Port Gigabit Rackmount Switch New Factory Sealed
$199.99
D-Link DGS-1210-28P 28-Port PoE Gigabit Web Smart Switch With Cord
$49.99
5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Home Network Hub, Office Ethernet S...
$9.64
TP-Link TL-SG105, 5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Network Hub, Ethern
$15.25
10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W
$39.99
NETGEAR 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Switch (Gs305) - Desktop Quiet Fanless
$16.41
Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99
5Ports Gigabit Network Switch w/ 4 PoE+ Ports Total 52W each port 30W Plug&Play
$31.99