-
Senior Member
registered user
Re: Possible Bug : Question on the shutdown and log off scri
"Doctor, when I do this my arm falls off!"
(Doctor) Don't do that then...
-Just kidding. 
--Personally, if that's what it takes to shutdown correctly, you can try hitting Ctrl-Alt-Del. If it's defined correctly in /etc/inittab, it will shutdown the system.
( From /etc/inittab )
ca::ctrlaltdel:/sbin/shutdown -h now
--Some people have ' shutdown -r now ' which reboots instead.

Originally Posted by
johncarlson21
I have a problem with shutting down from Knoppix vs. 3.2 7-26 a HD Install. When I log off or shutdown from KDE it locks up. BUT if I run a shutdown or reboot from the SHELL it works perfectly shutsdown just fine. If anyone could help with this, it would be greatly appreciated. maybe there could be something I could change in the shutdown script or log off script.
Thanks in advance. All in all I love this version of Knoppix. Keep up the good work. Kan't wait for the knext version.
Similar Threads
-
By coindood in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 03-26-2004, 02:34 AM
-
By colinmc151 in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 3
Last Post: 11-10-2003, 11:40 PM
-
By flamesrock in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 09-29-2003, 03:17 AM
-
By khalid in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 08-21-2003, 01:53 PM
-
By _CaLeB_ in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 5
Last Post: 03-31-2003, 06:20 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

ASUS PRIME B360M-C MicroATX Intel LGA1151 DDR4 HDMI VGA USB RJ-45 Audio
$34.99

ASUS ROG STRIX X870E-E GAMING WIFI
$289.99

Intel H310 LGA1151 8-9th Gen DDR4 M.2 NVMe mATX Motherboard IO Shield Battery
$54.99

GIGABYTE Motherboard, INTEL CPU, COOLER Combo
$65.00

GIGABYTE A520M DS3H AC AMD AM4 Motherboard mATX
$59.99

Intel H81 Motherboard M.2 NVMe LGA 1150 mATX w/ IO Shield (Random Slot Color)
$29.90

GIGABYTE B365 HD3 LGA1151 Intel 9th Gen motherboard
$59.99

ASRock B550M PRO4 AM4 AMD B550 SATA 6Gb/s Micro ATX AMD Motherboard
$76.49

ASUS B85M-G / B85M-G PLUS LGA1150 DDR3 Micro ATX Motherboard HDMI Support 4thCPU
$45.00

ASUS PRIME Z490-V Motherboard Intel Z490 10th gen DDR4 LGA 1200 ATX w/ IO Shield
$84.99