Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: 2 (noob) Questions for ya xperts! :)

  1. #1

    2 (noob) Questions for ya xperts! :)

    Hey, I am really new to linux, and not wanting to partition my hardrive (I have a second 30gig wich I can use, but don't want to right now) so I downloaded knoppix, and knoppix std and they both work great! I have an LCD monitor, and the default resolution for knoppix is 1024x768 am I right? well, I need it to be 1280x1024, otherwise it looks like crap. How can I change the resolution?

    I want to be able to go on the internet when using knoppix, wich program do I use to set up internet connections? I have cable, and I have a ethernet card.

    I am not new to computers, just linux. Thanks in advance!

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Iowa U.S.A.
    Posts
    226
    Welcome tsunamimedia,

    While you wait for the real experts try the cheat codes
    to set you screen and refresh. This is explained in
    docs:
    http://www.knoppix.net/docs/index.php/CheatCodes

    While operating, KDE will change resolutions by holding
    CTRL and ALT toggle with numberpad + or -

    Internet:
    From the shell netcardconfig may do the trick.

    K --> KNOPPIX -->Network/Inernet
    has some options.

    Best Wishes
    paradocs

Similar Threads

  1. Das noob- my cry for help
    By cannonfodder in forum General Support
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 02-11-2005, 04:49 AM
  2. Help a Poor noob: i have some questions.
    By chc05dude in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-29-2004, 06:13 AM
  3. Some noob questions but o well.
    By Phatmonkey in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-18-2004, 12:56 AM
  4. noob and need help please
    By Guitarplaya512 in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-02-2004, 04:57 AM
  5. Linux noob.. few questions getting set up..
    By koma in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-11-2003, 04:49 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Original Vintage Old Style STANDARD Black CD Jewel Case (Heavy Duty) 90g Lot picture

Original Vintage Old Style STANDARD Black CD Jewel Case (Heavy Duty) 90g Lot

$316.95



Vintage Dell Latitude CPi A366XT Win 98SE w/USB Support 256MB 60GB HD FDD Serial picture

Vintage Dell Latitude CPi A366XT Win 98SE w/USB Support 256MB 60GB HD FDD Serial

$109.99



Vintage Key Tronic LT DESIGNER Mechanical/Rubber Dome Keyboard DIN-5 AT/XT picture

Vintage Key Tronic LT DESIGNER Mechanical/Rubber Dome Keyboard DIN-5 AT/XT

$50.00



Vintage HP Compaq nc6400 Laptop – Windows XP Pro – Works – Charger Included picture

Vintage HP Compaq nc6400 Laptop – Windows XP Pro – Works – Charger Included

$67.00



Vintage IBM Model M  Keyboard   picture

Vintage IBM Model M Keyboard

$80.00



Vintage Shuttle K48 Small Form Factor Pc FOR PARTS OR REPAIR picture

Vintage Shuttle K48 Small Form Factor Pc FOR PARTS OR REPAIR

$100.00



Tektronix Vintage Full-Size QWERTY Keyboard with Numeric Keypad 119-1989-001 picture

Tektronix Vintage Full-Size QWERTY Keyboard with Numeric Keypad 119-1989-001

$79.99



Lot Vintage 1991 Apple Microsoft Classic Software Disk Manual User Guide 7.0.1 + picture

Lot Vintage 1991 Apple Microsoft Classic Software Disk Manual User Guide 7.0.1 +

$74.95



Vintage IMSAI S-100 Computer CRT System w/ Boards Nonworking Parts/Repair picture

Vintage IMSAI S-100 Computer CRT System w/ Boards Nonworking Parts/Repair

$2699.00



Vintage Intel EtherExpress PRO LAN Adapter With Flash BRAND NEW picture

Vintage Intel EtherExpress PRO LAN Adapter With Flash BRAND NEW

$29.99