Sure you can. It's my preferred mastering environment actually, because I can test how it boots without burning a CD and restarting my computer every time.Originally Posted by BerDtvdL
I haven't tried this myself but it would be interesting to see how it goes. Just follow the normal remastering instructions. I just hope you've got a lot of RAM!
Take care,
Adam
Sure you can. It's my preferred mastering environment actually, because I can test how it boots without burning a CD and restarting my computer every time.Originally Posted by BerDtvdL
Tecnical level linux newbie.
I'm trying to make a new knoppix cd for self and a friend.
I downloaded an english iso image file from Knoppix for the Jan 20 03 version. I downloaded Nero. (also tried CD Mate) per the Burning Faq.
The file is 698 MB Knoppix_v3.1-3003-01-20-en .
My CD-r size is 657MB The disk label says 650MB.
The burner software with a blank CD-r disk generates an error message,
"Not enought room ..."
How is this done. Does linnux record more than 650 on a disk?
Is there a way to do it in windows (running XP home).
Additional notes:
I have debian installed on a second partition and have an october version of knoppix I can use, also.
I have read the faq for burning knoppix from linux, if I have to do this I will need to redownload the knoppix file into a linux partition? or can I mount the
xp file from debian across partitions?
You need some bigger CD-Rs, the 700mb/80 minute size.
current knoppix disc burned and running to post this reply.
Thanks, John.
I think it should be possible to create the iso image in vmware. But then you have to burn the image somewhere else, for burning is afaik not supported by vmware.Originally Posted by BerDtvdL
I use vmware since V1.0? and with every new release I've tried burning again.
They say it should be possible in raw cd mode, but I didn't succed until now.
e.g. nero seems working - but after burning I don't find anything on the cd.
tom
Plus the suspend feature is a boon. A lot of the time I need to stop in the middle of remastering and its a pain to have to come out of the chroot and then go back in again when I want to continue. This way you hit suspend, shut down your PC, come back and hit resume and everything pops back exactly as you left it (even in the middle of dpkg updates!). Unfortunately everything comes at a price and VMWare ain't cheap. For what you get with it though I think its good value.Originally Posted by drfreak
You can't burn from vmware. So what? That doesn't matter!. After finishing my iso, I ftp it to Windows, and from Windows I am testing it ... using another VM!Originally Posted by tuxtom
VMware rules!
Wow the things i have learned in this forum is great, who neads school when this forum is online...
Whenhypnotix
is running i will keep you all informed!!!
... I am not a dropout by the way ...
(check your insert when programming)
Why Can't my K see HD from VMWare on XP?

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb
$374.99
Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00
Dell PowerEdge R530 2x E5-2630v4 H330 iDRAC8 Port Card Riser No PSU/RAM/HDD
$99.99
Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD
$378.93
Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Core | HBA330 | No RAM or HDD
$149.99
Dell PowerEdge R640 8xSFF Server Barebone 2 x Heat Sink w / 2x 1100W PSU
$315.00
Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2690 v3 | 64gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$524.99
Dell PowerEdge R640 10SFF 2x Gold 6140 2.3GHz 36-Cores 64gb H730p 2x Trays
$599.99
Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM
$699.00
Dell PowerEdge FC430 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2630v4 20 Cores FX2 FX2s No RAM/HDD
$119.99