-
Boot problems
First a dumb question: burning the iso with nero, on a window there's the cascade menù where to choose to burn "Track at once" or "Disk at once" and another option, which one is good?
Second, I created a floppy, place the cdrom and at boot I tried simply pressing enter or, for example knoppix =us, but it didn't boot; I think the problem can be I have a scsi cdrom? The cdrom is a toshiba, the burner is a scsi too (teac) and the controller is an adaptec
Thanks a lot in advance
-
Junior Member
registered user
Hey there, first if you use nero to burn ISO like with 5.5, it will run you through wizards the ask "Complie New CD" yes, hit next, three choices "Audio CE, Data CD, or Other CD Format" chose other CD format hit next, chose "Creat CD from image" hit next then finish. It wil ask burning options, you chose. This should creat a Bootabe CD. Also you should check to see if you have a clean ISO b4 you burn it, here's something you can tryhttp://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3567#16624. It shouldn't matter which drive you. Can you boot from CD?
-
I used nero 5.5.10.7 but as suggested on another place I just click on File->write image and a window pop up, here is hwre I saw that option on a cascade menù, you can choose between:
Track at once
Disc at once
Disc at once/96
The default is track at once and I left as it was; the cd has been created successfully, I checked checksum md5 with Toast442 and I hade my green circle which means the iso image is fine. I created a boot floppy with mkflopppy.bat; insert floppy, insert cd but it does not want to run even with cheatcodes and that's why I thought the problem should be my scsi cdrom which I think it's not bootable
Thanks a lot for your reply
-
Senior Member
registered user
--Try putting the scsi cdrom as ID 0. (Of course the power should be off when you do this!!) Also if your scsi card has a BIOS (Adaptec cards have Ctrl-A at boot) make sure it's supporting boot. Some/most cheap SCSI cards don't support booting.
--If nothing works, search the board for "Poor man's install" where you copy the knoppix/knoppix file to your HD. You just need ~700MB free space and a non-NTFS partition.

Originally Posted by
Jobbe
I used nero 5.5.10.7 but as suggested on another place I just click on File->write image and a window pop up, here is hwre I saw that option on a cascade menù, you can choose between:
Track at once
Disc at once
Disc at once/96
The default is track at once and I left as it was; the cd has been created successfully, I checked checksum md5 with Toast442 and I hade my green circle which means the iso image is fine. I created a boot floppy with mkflopppy.bat; insert floppy, insert cd but it does not want to run even with cheatcodes and that's why I thought the problem should be my scsi cdrom which I think it's not bootable
Thanks a lot for your reply
Similar Threads
-
By Linuxguy in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 02-06-2004, 07:00 PM
-
By sonic20 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 3
Last Post: 08-23-2003, 07:04 PM
-
By Loper in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 07-11-2003, 02:38 AM
-
By _CaLeB_ in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 5
Last Post: 03-31-2003, 06:20 PM
-
By zimtim in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 03-12-2003, 12:39 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell EMC PowerEdge R740 8 Bay Server w/ 32GB RAM 2x GOLD 6132 2x 1600W PSU H730p
$499.88

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00

Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD
$378.93

Dell Poweredge R620 10x 2.5" bay with 256GB (16x16gb) DDR3, 2x E5-2690v2, H710
$349.99

Dell Poweredge R810 4x Xeon X7560 2.26ghz 32-Cores | 256GB | 3x Trays | H700
$289.99

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb
$374.99

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Core | HBA330 | No RAM or HDD
$149.99

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$409.99

Dell Poweredge C4130 2x LGA2011-3 1U 4x GPU Rackmount Server CTO (NO CPU/NO RAM)
$299.95

Dell EMC VxRail E560F 10-SFF 2*Gold 6230R 2.1GHz No RAM HBA330 iDrac Ent Server
$349.99