Anyone had luck getting the free Jbuilder9 Personal to install?
Anyone had luck getting the free Jbuilder9 Personal to install?
Why not just use javac? See how I do it:
http://calcpage.tripod.com/cs.htm
Regards,
I've gotten it to work once... I had to use dpkg to install an old version of glibc.... I don't remember exactly now.
A gpl version of the jre and the jdk are already implemented on the KNOPPIX CD. Even awt.* and applet.* - what isn't yet complete is javax.swing.* but you can download a jar file from my ftpsite for that.
The file you need is called JarFile.zip and you can get it from
ftp.baldwinschools.net/calcpage/apcs
When you get the zip file, just extract it and you get a file called swingall.jar that you can add to your compile line.
Good Luck,
Thanks for the info. In the interim I discovered that JavaBeans 3.5.1 installs quite nicely. The install handles all the settings so you do not need to fumble around getting symbolic links and such to work.
Worth a look.
OK, that's great if it works for you. But, please note, that I've installed nothing as I'm working off the CD!
Regards,
Just install
Jbuilder uses it's own sdk (sun) an this needs the above library - and it works. So this problem appears with ALL swing applications bundled with this java version and manufactor. The apt-get command sets also the approprate link in /usr/lib.Code:apt-get install libstdc++2.9-glibc2.1
...AND fixed one other Problem in Debian, which you can use for every java-environment (f.e. the "jikes" compiler).
How to add anew jdk / sdk ...
Under Debian (as root !), you can switch the default java-version via
To add a new alternative, you have to use the optionCode:update-alternatives --config java
For my use, i wrote a little script, that does this job:Code:update-alternatives --install <link> <name> <path> <priority>
ByeCode:update-alternatives \ --install \ /usr/bin/javac javac /home/yourUserName/JBuilder9/jdk1.4/bin/javac 500 \ --slave \ /home/yourUserName/JBuilder9/jdk1.4/man/man1/javac.1 javac.1 /home/yourUserName/JBuilder9/jdk1.4/man/man1/javac.1 update-alternatives \ --install \ /usr/bin/java java /home/yourUserName/JBuilder9/jdk1.4/bin/java 500 \ --slave \ /home/yourUserName/JBuilder9/jdk1.4/man/man1/java.1 java.1 /home/yourUserName/JBuilder9/jdk1.4/man/man1/java.1
Axel

16GB KIT (2x8GB) DDR3 Gamer Desktop RAM PC3 MIXED BRANDS VIPER VENGEANCE FURY
$10.00
Netac DDR4 32GB 16GB DDR4 3200MHz UDIMM C16 Desktop Internal Memory RAM Kit
$99.99
Crucial 32GB(4 x 8GB) CT8G4DFS824A.C8FDD1 DDR4-2400 UDIMM Desktop RAM - CR352A
$89.95
Samsung 32GB DDR4-2666 PC4-21300 288-Pin DIMM RAM M393A4K40CB1CRC0Q
$185.00
Major Brand 16GB (2x8GB) PC3-12800U DDR3-1600MHz DDR3-12800 DESKTOP RAM NON-ECC
$29.99
Samsung 64GB PC4-2666V-R 2S2Rx4 DDR4 ECC REG RDIMM - M393A8K40B22-CWD6Y
$270.00
A-Tech 8GB DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 Laptop SODIMM 204-Pin Memory RAM PC3L DDR3L 1x 8G
$21.68
DDR4 Laptop RAM 4GB 8GB 16GB 32GB 2400 2666 3200 Samsung Hynix
$66.00
Corsair Vengeance DDR3 8GB 16GB 32GB 1866MHz PC3-14900 Desktop RAM Memory DIMM
$85.00
Lot of 5 - Mixed Brands 40GB (5x8GB) DDR4-2666 PC4-21300 SO-DIMM 260-Pin Non-ECC
$150.00