--Try using ' knx-hdinstall ' instead.
Any thoughts on this?
Thank you!
root@ttyp0[knoppix]# knoppix-installer
Fatal dialog error:
Xdialog: missing list parameters !
Xdialog v2.0.6 by Thierry Godefroy <[email protected]> (v1.0 was
written by Alfred at Cyberone Internet <[email protected]>).
Xdialog home page available at: http://xdialog.free.fr.
Usage: Xdialog [<common options>] [<transient options>] <box option> ...
Common options:
--wmclass <name>
--rc-file <gtkrc filename>
--backtitle <backtitle>
--title <title>
--allow-close | --no-close
--screen-center | --under-mouse | --auto-placement
--center | --right | --left | --fill
--no-wrap | --wrap
--cr-wrap | --no-cr-wrap
--stderr | --stdout
--separator <character> | --separate-output
--buttons-style default|icon|text
Transient options:
--fixed-font
--password (may be repeated 2 or 3 times before --2inputsbox or --3inputsbox)
--editable
--time-stamp | --date-stamp
--reverse
--keep-colors
--interval <timeout>
--no-tags
--item-help (if used, the {...} parameters are needed in menus/lists widgets)
--default-item <tag>
--icon <xpm filename>
--no-ok
--no-cancel
--no-buttons
--default-no
--wizard
--help <help>
--print <printer> (1)
--check <label>
--ok-label <label>
--cancel-label <label>
--beep
--beep-after
--begin <Yorg> <Xorg>
--ignore-eof
--smooth
Box options:
--yesno <text> <height> <width>
--msgbox <text> <height> <width>
--infobox <text> <height> <width> [<timeout>]
--gauge <text> <height> <width> [<percent>]
--progress <text> <height> <width> [<maxdots> [[-]<msglen>]]
--inputbox <text> <height> <width> [<init>]
--2inputsbox <text> <height> <width> <label1> <init1> <label2> <init2>
--3inputsbox <text> <height> <width> <label1> <init1> <label2> <init2> <label3> <init3>
--combobox <text> <height> <width> <item1> ... <itemN>
--rangebox <text> <height> <width> <min value> <max value> [<default value>]
--2rangesbox <text> <height> <width> <label1> <min1> <max1> <def1> <label2> <min2> <max2> <def2>
--3rangesbox <text> <height> <width> <label1> <min1> <max1> <def1> ... <label3> <min3> <max3> <def3>
--spinbox <text> <height> <width> <min value> <max value> <default value> <label>
--2spinsbox <text> <height> <width> <min1> <max1> <def1> <label1> <min2> <max2> <def2> <label2>
--3spinsbox <text> <height> <width> <min1> <max1> <def1> <label1> ... <min3> <max3> <def3> <label3>
--textbox <file> <height> <width>
--editbox <file> <height> <width>
--tailbox <file> <height> <width>
--logbox <file> <height> <width>
--menubox <text> <height> <width> <menu height> <tag1> <item1> {<help1>}...
--checklist <text> <height> <width> <list height> <tag1> <item1> <status1> {<help1>}...
--radiolist <text> <height> <width> <list height> <tag1> <item1> <status1> {<help1>}...
--buildlist <text> <height> <width> <list height> <tag1> <item1> <status1> {<help1>}...
--treeview <text> <height> <width> <list height> <tag1> <item1> <status1> <item_depth1> {<help1>}...
--fselect <file> <height> <width>
--dselect <directory> <height> <width>
--calendar <text> <height> <width> <day> <month> <year>
--timebox <text> <height> <width>
Special options:
--version (prints version number to stderr and exits).
--print-version (same as above in a cdialog-compatible way).
--print-maxsize (prints maximum menu size in characters and exits).
Note that <height> and <width> are in characters and may be replaced by a single
XSIZExYSIZE[+/-XORG+/-YORG] parameter (like the one passed in the -geometry option
of X) which will represent the size of the Xdialog window in pixels. Specifying
a size of 0 0 (or 0x0) will auto-size Xdialog, while a size of -1 -1 (or -1x-1)
will maximize it.
(1) This Xdialog binary compiled with: lpr -P<printer> /tmp/Xdialog.tmp
as the print command. If <printer> is "" (an empty string), the -P
option is not used.
root@ttyp0[knoppix]#
--Try using ' knx-hdinstall ' instead.
knx-hdinstaller works fine, but I want to use the new script. Any thoughts on the error?
Thanks
That is the help that pops up when you mess up the syntax with xdialog Fabian left something out or there is a typo in the script somehere.Originally Posted by Tortoise
Fatal dialog error:
Xdialog: missing list parameters !
It was this that made me think that there might be more to it.
I've got it too, after i used 'back'. guess its just a typo, or little mistake. If you can tell exactly what went wrong, and when, then fabian can repair it...
Well, there's nothing more to it than what I posted - I type the command, and it opens a window, and crashed into a shell with that error screen.
There's nothing else to tell, I presume it doesn't do that for most people. I don't know whether I'm supposed to use an argument for the command or something.
you shouldnt use an argument at the commandsetting, so I guess you've got to wait for fabian to fix it, or find out the bug yourself... you can pm fabian, or mail him?
Hi, I am fairly new here and French so just excuse me for the mistakes. More over, this is my first attempt of reading and modifying a script but it seems to have worked for meOriginally Posted by Tortoise
I have encountered this error too and found 2 ways to avoid it.
First, on line 325 of the script, I've replaced :
byCode:MEM_SWAP_NEEDED=$((512*1000)) # need some lower so that people that have 512 MB can use this option
As I only have this amount of RAM (according to what is written in dmesg)MEM_SWAP_NEEDED=$((200*1000))
Secondly I wondered why this change allow the script to run and found this :
on line 409 in the function update_swap_parts
and this command returned nothing so the next one :Code:SWAP_TO_MK=$(diff $TMPDIR/swap1 $TMPDIR/swap2 | grep ">" | sed 's/> //g' | awk '{ printf("%s Swap off ",$1) }')
Return the error you just encountered.Code:checklist $"The following swap-partitions are marked as swap, but are not yet formatted. Check those you want to format. Warning, you'll loose all data on the partition." "Choose partitions to format with swap. Warning: You'll loose all your data on it." $SWAP_TO_MK
But if I change line 409 to :
and let the MEM_SWAP_NEEDED to 512 it just worked tooSWAP_TO_MK=$(diff $TMPDIR/swap1 $TMPDIR/swap2 | grep "<" | sed 's/< //g' | awk '{ printf("%s Swap off ",$1) }')
Hope You will be able to understant what I just wrote
I wanted to tell it to Fabian but I do not know how !
Sincerely
Fred
http://thefredsite.free.fr
http://www.knoppixfr.org
http://www.fro4nix.org
Thanks, I appreciate that - I've also never modified scripts, is there any way to download the new version of the script?
Thanks!

Intel Core i7-9700 Octa-Core 3 GHz Desktop Processor LGA 1151
$79.99
Intel Core i7-6950X Extreme Edition 3.0GHz Processor SR2PA LGA2011 10 Core CPU
$162.95
INTEL CORE I9-10940X X-SERIES PROCESSOR | 3.30GHZ | SRGSH
$179.99
Intel Core i7-8700T SR3WX 2.40GHz Processor
$65.00
AMD Ryzen 5 5500 Processor ( read Description)
$59.00
Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor
$39.00
Intel Core i5-12500T SRL5W 2GHz 18MB 6 Core Socket LGA1700 Desktop CPU Processor
$114.99
Intel i7-8700 Coffee Lake 3.2GHz 6-Core Max Turbo 4.6GHz Processor
$67.99
Intel Core i7-4770 3.40GHz Quad Core SR149 LGA 1150 CPU Processor tested
$35.00
Intel Core i5-12400 Processor SRL4V
$115.00