-
Senior Member
registered user
Re: Please please help me :(
--Try recompiling as ELF? (I know nothing about c++ but the kernels I build only support a.out as module, not compiled into kernel.)

Originally Posted by
estranged
I really want to stop using suse and make knoppix my main distro but i really need to make this work in order to do it.
It has to do with c++ and executing source code.
I type ./a.out and the shell just sits there. It doesnt hang it just sits there looking pretty.
I run the program with the ddd option and executed it from ddd...execution window comes up and nothing shows up.
I used anjuta same thing. No compiler errors no warnings but it wont execute.
Checked the permisions (chnod755) of the file and its execute..tried with no execute from desperation,....same crap.
And yeah i got make.
As I said, during compile, NO ERRORS and NO WARNINGS. I demoted my self to a simple hello world program just to keep things simple.
Code:
#include <iostream>
using std::cout;
using std::endl;
using std::cin;
int main ()
{
int x;
cin >>x;
cout<< x<<endl;
return 0;
}
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Windows XP, Vista, 8.1, Linux Knoppix, Office XP, (6 CDS)
$10.00

KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit
$19.99

Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive
$5.99

KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED
$11.99

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 16G USB Stick
$20.85

VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION)
$7.57

Knoppix NSM 1.2
$8.00

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 32G USB Stick
$21.42

Hamshack Live DVD-ROM
$7.00

Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006
$33.72