Is KDE 3.1.3 included? And other packageupdates?
I hope the rewrite would allow KNOPPIX on NTFS as well as preparing for the 2.6 kernel and solving a reported problem with 2.4.22 kernel(seems to be so as it is included in the new build). This would be the one must have enhancement if that is what I expected.Originally Posted by MattT
Is KDE 3.1.3 included? And other packageupdates?
garyng,
There may be some confusion. According to http://linux-ntfs.sourceforge.net/ Linux still does not fully support NTFS writing. 2.5.x and 2.6 will have better read support, but still have limited write support (same file, not file size changes)
I think to improve NTFS support we needto help out http://linux-ntfs.sourceforge.net/
I didn't mean write support but able to put KNOPPIX(the big cloop file) on a NTFS partition. Right now, it is not possible(at least for me) using the stock driver as either it segment fault when insmod cloop.o file=/mnt/NTFS/KNOPPIX or stall later when accessed. This seems to be related to how the block reading code in cloop.Originally Posted by asjones
Why not get rid of NTFS all together! Wipe all your drives of this scourge on the world of personal computing!! Let us remove this god forsaken M$ WINDOZE virus from all PCs within our reach, say I!!!
Baring that, just reinstall on VFAT32...
Revolting,
Na NTFS is cool, it's Windows that's crap. Don't confuse the two.
Q
On many machine(new especially), NTFS is the only fs that comes installed with XP and takes up the whole HD. Removing it means XP would be gone which is too radical a change for many people. I am pretty happy with the poorman's install way of running KNOPPIX/linux and it is a much better way to have linux to be having a chance on average desktop. Of course, I always have a large enough FAT32 as C: which is a rule I set to myself dated back from my old days of running OS/2, NT, 95/3.1 all on the same machine. I agree with you though that FAT is a must have on any HD.Originally Posted by A. Jorge Garcia
Originally Posted by garyng
Well actually...You can use Partion Magic (such a wonderful Utility) to Resize that partion in XP so you could shrink your main partition. Then add another with the left over space or let the knoppix installer do it.
http://www.powerquest.com/partitionmagic/pmdetails.cfm
~y $0.02
Well because I am in the process of switching to free as freedom as well as free lunch, buying something else(XP usually comes with the machine, which is not a negociable item) is against thisOriginally Posted by Cypherz
![]()
qtparted is supposed to be able to do the same, btw.
I guess I was spoiled, this CD works great in my lab! I just used it to do a Poor Man Dual Boot and, Houston, we've got sound!! Alleluia!!!Originally Posted by A. Jorge Garcia
Regards,

INTEL XEON E5-2680V4 SR2N7 2.40GHZ CPU
$11.00
Dell Precision Tower 7810 Xeon E5-2630 v3 @ 2.40GHz , 32GB Ram, NO HDD, NO OS
$239.99
Dell Precision T7820 2x Xeon Silver 4114 2.20GHz 950W No RAM GPU HDD 4x SATA
$350.48
Lenovo ThinkServer TS460 Part Number: 70TS-S01U00
$279.00
Dell Precision T5820 Workstation 3.70GHz W-2135 No RAM/ GPU/ HDD/ OS
$179.98
Intel Xeon E5-2699 V4 2.20GHz 55M 22-CORES LGA2011-3 Server Processor 145W SR2JS
$84.49
DELL Precision 5820 Workstation Xeon W-2123 3.6ghz/NO RAM/NO SSD/P400 Vid
$139.99
Intel Xeon W-2255 SRGV8 3.7GHz 10-Core LGA2066 Server CPU Processor
$249.99
Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00
Dell Precision T5820 950W Workstation 4.00GHz W-2125 No RAM/ GPU/ HDD/ OS
$144.98