there's no space left on the cd
but if there was, I think it whould be very hard to make it possible, if it whould ever happen. You can just save your homedir to a hd or disk or whatever (removable) media...
Interesting. But don't you still have the 4 gig file size limit?Originally Posted by SUOrangeman
there's no space left on the cd
but if there was, I think it whould be very hard to make it possible, if it whould ever happen. You can just save your homedir to a hd or disk or whatever (removable) media...
What is Linux_UDF? Is there some way to make a CDRW behave just like a floppy, only huge?
Regards,
No thank you. My experience tells me that CDRW is not a very reliable material used in this way. I keep these things to CF, there are a lot of cheap thumb drive and/or MP3 players that can serve this purpose.Originally Posted by softgun
hi! anyone else having problems burning the image on cd? I tried k3b, which gave no errors, but the cd is unreadable. then tried nero, which told me he was unable to perform the end-of-disc... seems like the iso is too big. In both cases I tried to burn on a cd-rw (700mb).
and stupid question - 700 mb = 80min? or should I burn on a (non-RW) 80min cd and have no problems? I dont like to try, cuz these cd's can only be used once![]()
Previouse versions have worked on 80min/700MB CD-RWs for me.
Have you tried a full wipe? You will need to do that now and then to flatten out the dips and bumps made by several times rewriting. Yes it takes some time.
btw, k3b doesn't do a full wipe when I tell it to, on my system. I need to use cdrecord then.
I had zero success with CD-RW, and had to abandon them in favor of CD-R. And the CD-R didn't work until I downloaded Nero.Originally Posted by Superstoned
Let me second that! I've never gotten my CD-RW to make a KNOPPIX CD except on CD-R disks!! I've used Easy CD Recorder and cdrecord....
Regards,
So I guess I have to use winblows to burn it on a cd-R... pitty... Trying to get rid of it. I'll try it on a cd-R in k3b, then (if it doesnt work) in nero, and if that does work, I'll file a bugreport to k3b!!!
btw KDE-team has fixed something for me, already, in just a few hours - they can be damn fast... I tried to drag a window when switching desktop (ctrl-tab on my box) but that didnt work. I guess it should, cuz alt-tab when dragging files does work. So I filed a bugreport, and in just a few hours it was fixed. Can't wait for 3.1.4
cu
Hi people
I have the same problem with the iso image i downloaded from the official mirrors. De md5-checksum is good but the iso can't be burned on cd by Nero because it detected an error in de image file.
I had some conversation with another forumuser here (Superstoned) and he had the same problem.
Now, when i convert this downloaded iso into a .bin file (just another image format) it DOES work. It can be burned to cd-r or -rw and is bootable like it should be.
To test further i converted this .bin back to .iso format and suddenly there isn't any problem anymore.
So, this means something did go wrong when the official knoppix iso was made. The files therein are ok, but the format to burn in on cd has an flaw.
(For reference, i used WinISO to convert the image to bin and back to iso again).
I wonder why there aren't more complaints yet but I hope this can be checked by official people perhaps?
It would be a pitty when future knoppix users are disappointed by this recent cannot-be-burned image.
greets

Dell 6P85J 4TB ST4000NM0063 7.2k 6Gb/s 3.5” SAS SED Hard Drive with Tray
$39.99
Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5" 512e HDD NetApp X375A
$64.00
DELL 2TB Enterprise HDD (7200RPM, 3.5", SATA III, 128MB Cache) HUS722T2TALA600
$49.95
Western Digital 1TB 3.5" SATA III 7200RPM Desktop Hard Drive
$34.99
Seagate Exos ST2000NX0253 HDD 2TB SATA 7.2K 2.5" 512b/s
$55.00
Dell ST6000NM0034 1HT27Z-150 NWCCG 6TB SAS 3.5 7.2K ENTERPRISE SERVER DRIVE
$68.99
Toshiba DT01ACA100 1 TB 3.5" SATA III 3.5 in Desktop Hard Drive
$24.99
Toshiba 14TB MG07 MG07ACA14TEY 7.2K RPM SATA 6Gb/s 512e 3.5" Enterprise HDD
$339.00
Tested WD Ultrastar DC HC520 12TB 7.2K RPM SATA 6Gb/s 3.5" HDD HUH721212ALN600
$239.99
HUS726060ALA640 HGST Ultrastar 6TB SATA 6Gbps 7.2K 3.5" Hard Drive OF21860
$129.99