-
Trouble configuring Internet on Knoppix.
First -- what an impressive system..if I could get it to work..
You see I've been trying to configure the internet on Knoppix. I have a high speed DSL connection and it comes through a linksys router with an address of 192.168.1.1/
The utility I used in the Knoppix folder did not work (or maybe I just didn't enter in the right numbers
) I managed to get the DSL on my other mandrake partition and it works perfectly. Hasn't had any problems so far (unlike XP.)
So can anybody help me?
-Thanks!
-
Senior Member
registered user
Open a console window in Mandrake and ifconfig eth0 write down your settings then boot Knoppix and run netcardconfig from a console window enter the settings when it comes to default gateway enter the IP for the Linksys router and when it comes to namesevers enter the IP of your ISP DNS Nameservers you should now be able to connect to the internet.
-
Thanks!
The entire linux community has been very helpful this last week. I really appreciate. Soon (hopefully) I'll be in a position to help other newbies.
Similar Threads
-
By karo in forum Networking
Replies: 2
Last Post: 01-12-2005, 04:02 AM
-
By KNOPPIX_BOY in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 09-10-2004, 01:13 AM
-
By BeatFreak in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 08-20-2004, 04:37 PM
-
By ozlad in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 03-23-2004, 04:06 AM
-
By Tiger in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 7
Last Post: 12-31-2003, 03:49 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

OWC Mercury Elite Pro 2 Bay RAID Enclosure with USB 3.2 for Dual 3.5 inch HDDs
$87.99

EMC KTN-SL3 15-Bay Disk Array Enclosure w/2x 303-108-000E Cards, Dual PSU,No HDD
$239.99

Dell - LSI 9440-8i MegaRAID 8 Port 12GB/s HBA High Profile RAID Card W/Cables
$20.00

Broadcom MegaRAID 9480-8e Fujitsu PRAID EP540e SAS RAID Card (Replac 9380-8e) 8i
$228.00

MegaRAID 9580-8i8e 16-port 12G SAS/SATA/NVMe 8GB PCIe RAID - 05-50076-00
$1619.19

Dell PowerEdge HBA330 LP PCI-E 12GBs RAID SAS Controller Adapter J7TNV
$18.95

Broadcom LSI 9305-16i 12Gbps SAS-3 PCIe x8 HBA 16-Ports Raid Controller
$64.99

NVME M.2 Adapter Card PCIE X16 Splitter Expansion Controller 4-Disk Soft RAID
$24.43

G-Technology G-SPEED Studio XL 48TB Thunderbolt 2 Storage - Housing Only
$200.00

Areca ARC-1882IX-24 (16i4e)24-Port RAID Controller Card w/BBU /HDD Monitor Board
$300.00