Also, xmms will hang anyway.
I am using the latest version of Knoppix CD.
I boot from the CD with cheat code alsa. Info Center of KDE shows :-
Sound Driver:3.8.1a-980706 (ALSA v0.9.2 emulation code)
Kernel: Linux Knoppix 2.2.21-xfs #1 Fre Jul 25 00:06:47 CEST 2003 i686
Config options: 0
Installed drivers:
Type 10: ALSA emulation
Card config:
Intel 82801DB-ICH4 at 0xe0100c00, irq 9
Audio devices:
0: Intel 82801DB-ICH4 (DUPLEX)
Synth devices: NOT ENABLED IN CONFIG
Midi devices: NOT ENABLED IN CONFIG
Timers:
7: system timer
Mixers:
0: Analog Devices id 74
But I cannot hear the sound from my computer. So, I set the "Sound & Multimedia" in KDE Control Center. Sound system -> aRTs -> enabled "Start aRts soundserver on KDE starup". Then, Sound I/O -> selected "Advanced Linux Sound Architecture" at Sound I/O method. Enable full duplex operation. Set 48000 at sampling rate. When I save the setting, I get the following error message :
Error while initializing the sound driver:
device: default can't be opened for playback (Device or resource busy)
The sound server will continue, using the null output device.
How can I solve this problem? Thanks.
Also, xmms will hang anyway.

Dell Precision T5820 Workstation 3.70GHz W-2135 No RAM/ GPU/ HDD/ OS
$179.98
Dell Precision Tower 7810 Xeon E5-2630 v3 @ 2.40GHz , 32GB Ram, NO HDD, NO OS
$239.99
Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00
Intel Xeon Phi 5110P 60-Core 1.053GHz Coprocessor
$50.00
Genuine Intel Xeon W-2145 3.70Ghz 8 Cores LGA2066 CPU SR3LQ Tested USA SELLER
$94.94
Intel Xeon E5-2699 V4 2.20GHz 55M 22-CORES LGA2011-3 Server Processor 145W SR2JS
$84.49
Dell Precision T7820 2x Xeon Silver 4114 2.20GHz 950W No RAM GPU HDD 4x SATA
$350.48
INTEL XEON E5-2680V4 SR2N7 2.40GHZ CPU
$12.00
Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM
$699.00
Dell Precision T1700 Workstation Intel Xeon 16G Ram 256GG SSD Nvidia 600 Win 10
$109.99