Quote Originally Posted by bongski55
Use 'sudo knx-hdinstall' or 'sudo knoppix installer'.No need of password.
hello, i am also having some trouble running either install script. changed to root with sudo su. as root, typed sudo knx-hdinstall, and got to screen with cfdisk, but did not include a (C)reate partition option (as different documents I had seen suggested) then dialog screens asking about swap file appeared, but the script terminated after 'no swap partition could be found...'

with sudo knoppix-installer the screen mentioned "knx-templates-0.39.tgz' could not be found, and terminated the script.

any ideas on what (basic) thing I am missing (apart from the brain, bit, I mean :c)) the knoppix version i have is 2003-06-06... and everything otherwise seems fine ... some glitches as far as keyboard mapping still (see ' marks ' above) and this with the knoppix lang=us cheat at boot... sigh.

thanks very much for any help

dave